How do you plan in your rest/down time?

Jess G

Hey guys,
Wondering how everyone else gets in some rest time during their trips. I've tried it all. From afternoon breaks, to arriving to the parks @ 10ish instead of rope drop, and of course I've done the early morning - late night deal with one day of no parks scheduled in between. Just curious of how others do it to avoid feeling like you need another vacation after your vacation ;)

FrostyNaples

Hit the Parks late morning, no rush. FP's afternoon. Return to resort early evening for a quick recharge and adult beverages.

Head back out once everyone is ready, no rush, stay till park closing, hop around to latest closing park if applicable.

Return to the resort late night, showers, sleep. RINSE & REPEAT :cool::D

We did Go-Go-Go once or twice, after that, it's all mellow at our parties pace. We giggle when we see couples or groups dashing around the parks, clearly late for a FP+ and didn't leave enough time or mis managed where they needed to be and when.

Little bit of planning goes a long way. Leaving plenty of transit time for bus's, FP+s, reservations goes longer :geek:

Upvote 0

Disney4family

A bottle of water (or Gran Marnier Orange Slushie in Epcot), a park bench, tall palm trees against a bright, blue sky, area music playing - that's our "down" time. We're not there yet when it comes to real down time. We're only there once a year and just love getting every drop of magic our day can hold. We love our resort and all it offers, but if we're there, we're in the parks. We crash on the plane ride home.

Upvote 0
When me and the better half went last June, we came straight from a 4 day go go go in New York City, and then it was 10 days all in at Disney. I'll never forget the tiredness (and not to mention, soreness!!!!) I felt when we got home!!! I think it took us a good month to fully recoup!!

Going again for 2 weeks on 15th April....will definitely be relaxing a lot more this time!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Jess G

Original Poster
When me and the better half went last June, we came straight from a 4 day go go go in New York City, and then it was 10 days all in at Disney. I'll never forget the tiredness (and not to mention, soreness!!!!) I felt when we got home!!! I think it took us a good month to fully recoup!!

Going again for 2 weeks on 15th April....will definitely be relaxing a lot more this time!!!!!!!!

I hear you! It's the worst to walk all day on blistered feet. I've never done more than 8 or 9 days at a time, I'm sure with 2 weeks you have plenty of time to schedule in some good rest :)

Upvote 0
I hear you! It's the worst to walk all day on blistered feet. I've never done more than 8 or 9 days at a time, I'm sure with 2 weeks you have plenty of time to schedule in some good rest :)
I plan on spending at least 4 days in the water parks (weather permitting!) if not, I need to learn to not beat myself up about spending an afternoon in bed in my hotel, feet up, air conditioning blazing, watching corny tv!!! x

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

Hey guys,
Wondering how everyone else gets in some rest time during their trips. I've tried it all. From afternoon breaks, to arriving to the parks @ 10ish instead of rope drop, and of course I've done the early morning - late night deal with one day of no parks scheduled in between. Just curious of how others do it to avoid feeling like you need another vacation after your vacation ;)
I go back to the resort in the afternoon and go to the pool and relax. I always take a shower to refresh myself before going back out to the parks.

Upvote 0

Herdman

We usually try to take an afternoon break at the resort for all the parks except AK since it has always closed early in the past. Then we usually have a day in the middle of the week for sleeping in, lounging in the pool and then heading to Disney Springs for the evening.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Every year we say we'll take more 'time off' from the parks but somehow it just doesn't happen. We are presently on our way home after 2 weeks with one day off. Even on that day we visited places outside of Disney, picked up a few groceries and then went to Disney Springs. We're tired, yes, but enjoyed every minute we spent in the world! We can rest at home.

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

We generally go 8 days and we have an entire off day in the middle. Getting up wherever, get breakfast at the resort and eat it in the room. Then hit the pool for a while, lunch at the resort, more pool time, some rest time in the room and then a little DTD.

It has worked perfectly for multiple trips. This past trip we used that day to hit Fantasmic because it got rained out the day we were in DHS. Still nothing planned at all with a lot of R&R.

Upvote 0

CheshireCat12

Rope drop, stay until lunch, then go back for a swim/rest/shower. Return to park for dinner or go to a dinner ADR then back to park for evening/late hours. Like to use the FP+ in the evening when we return. We usually go on about 5 hours sleep so can't really say we relax too much...

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Two FULL ON days in the parks followed by a morning & afternoon at a waterpark or resort pool - then EITHER Disney Springs for the evening or a park for the fireworks / parades
that's what we're going to try for our next trip. Last trip it was 4 days on one day off but seeing we have some extra time we're going to slow down a bit.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

that's what we're going to try for our next trip. Last trip it was 4 days on one day off but seeing we have some extra time we're going to slow down a bit.
When your at WDW for 14 days you need downtime. By doing 2 on 1 off, we get plenty of time to do everything we want to AND we get time to relax. This makes it more of a holiday and less of a military operation

Upvote 0

Jess G

Original Poster

This time around I'll be doing 5 days and only 2 days in parks! I'm staying @ AKL so I want to take it in (my first deluxe)... Best part is I just so happen to be moving to Orlando later this year so I have plenty of park time in my near future :)

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
We try many times, but every trip, we seem to fall into the same trap. At the parks first thing in the morning and we leave at night. We may plan a couple of return trips to the resort for some swimming but it depends on how busy the parks are. If it looks like they may hit capacity (I'm going during april vacation), then we'll gut it out and stay in the park.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

We always sleep in and never set the alarm. We just walk at a normal pace and just enjoy ourselves. We don't go back to the room and rest and we seem to do fine. I think it is important to have at least 1 good main meal(we do ours mid day) and eat good food. If you eat junk all day then you will not have the right kind of energy and will feel sluggish. You are what you eat and all that. My kids also go all day with us, even when they were younger they walked all day without a problem. If you are feeling like you cant go more then a few hours during the day without getting tired and irritated, it is probably your diet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom