How do you make Disney magic while away from the parks?

DisneyDoctor

Original Poster
What types of things do you all do to maintain a bit of the Disney magic at home, or more generally, when your not at the parks? Could be decor, music, podcasts, really anything.

The real world has been so busy lately and I can't stop dreaming of a WDW vacation. Unfortunately, though, I won't be able to travel there likely until 2020-2021. I'd love to hear some of things you all do to make magic away from the parks.

Driver

What types of things do you all do to maintain a bit of the Disney magic at home, or more generally, when your not at the parks? Could be decor, music, podcasts, really anything.

The real world has been so busy lately and I can't stop dreaming of a WDW vacation. Unfortunately, though, I won't be able to travel there likely until 2020-2021. I'd love to hear some of things you all do to make magic away from the parks.
Before I became a CM I lived and worked in New England. I was a pipe systems designer for a gas company, I would listen to park music on my headphones when I was at the computer. It got me through a lot of days, especially toward the end when I knew I was leaving !! 😃

DisneyFreak

For me it's mainly listening to music from the Parks. I have some old vinyl from back in the day and then some of the updated park music on digital. We are currently taking about a 4-5 year WDW hiatus (last trip was Feb 2017) to do some other trips we have been wanting to do and more longer weekends away so listening to the music now and again is nice. We will also watch Youtube videos to keep up with announcements.

LUVofDIS

Going through pictures and video help. Watching the Disney classics through the year and the biggest one would be planning the next one. I also like to research what is going on. Those keep me going until the next trip.

DisneyDoctor

Original Poster
We bought a double-stroller. I push it around to keep my partner from getting to the bathroom. He yells at me and it’s like we’re back!

We also fight over the la-z-boy. Whoever gets there first tells the other, “I’ve been sitting here for two hours, waiting for the parade. You should try that next time.” It’s so beautiful.
Lol that’s funny, thanks for the laugh!

I'mwatchinguWizowski

We bought a double-stroller. I push it around to keep my partner from getting to the bathroom. He yells at me and it’s like we’re back!

We also fight over the la-z-boy. Whoever gets there first tells the other, “I’ve been sitting here for two hours, waiting for the parade. You should try that next time.” It’s so beautiful.

Omg hysterical!!!:):)

muddyrivers

Disney music definitely is what does it for me. I have tons of loops and on ride audio from defunct and present attractions. I can listen to a set of Sonny Eclipse at the Tomorrowland Terrace while I eat lunch pretending I’m right there. Or I could enjoy a ride through the movies on the Great Movie Ride.

They also sell Disney scented candles (I’ve seen the ads on Facebook, I think it’s called Disney Avenue). I haven’t bought any of those but the scents they offer are quite extensive and might help set the mood at home of your favorite Disney locale.

EmmaPan

we can make some disney magic if u know what i mean ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom