How Do They Run Test Track?

JonnyK

Original Poster
Do they have something like a Electric Magnet under the track or what, I was just curious how does it run and stop quick n etc.

Nova16

The cars actually have motors in them. Only they are electric motors, not gas.

The ditch in the track holds a ton of wiring and a track inside of it that your car is connected to. Through this wiring the main computer sends lots of information into the car's motor, therfore making it stop and go when it needs to.

JonnyK

Original Poster
Cool, I thought at first it was a real motor, but I didnt know it was connected to an wiring under the track, but thanks for the details, i was just curious! :)

JonnyK

Original Poster
Thats what i though, its like.. we have shrinked n got on a toy car track thingy and someone is like usin the remote to make us go n stop.

The ride is a riot...they actually have speakers in the car with engine roaring and acceleration sounds.....(highly noticable during the incline and increase increments during the s-turns)...so it sounds like a gas motor...

JonnyK

Original Poster
Yea, Its kinda Neat to hear the loud Roar, But its fun still! :)

last time i saw a car stopped in the middle of a track outside, like it broke down and it was all smokey.. the tracks are made of real roads or not. Im not sure what its made of.

I am not sure what they constructed it all out of, the bulk of the exterior being steel, but no matter how much criticism the ride gets for breaking down and all, I think it is a wonderful ride and really a bold step into a new technology of ride. i wtached the thing grow and open...thru all its soft previews and breakdowns....really, nobody has anything like it. It is one of my all time favorite rides. I will say it right here, Test Track deserves major praise....I admire those who take bold stpes, and this is certainly one!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

orlandoparks

I was just wondering, when you were talking about the engine noises, did any of you notice at the beginning, when you start, they make smoke under the back tire to make it look like the rubber is burning?

Tom Morrow

Throughout the ride, they use several effects to make the cars seem like real, gas cars. The most obvious is the car engine noises coming from the speakers. When you're on the ride in the high speed, outside part, it sounds like the engine is hauling, but when you're on the outside of Test Track, the cars just make a little electric "whirr" noise.

wanabeimagineer

Originally posted by orlandoparks
I was just wondering, when you were talking about the engine noises, did any of you notice at the beginning, when you start, they make smoke under the back tire to make it look like the rubber is burning?
Yea I notice that everytime. I also notice when you avoid the collision with the truck, on the right side of the car they make it look like you actually hit the barrier by making sparks fly out of it. They do a good job making it look real though.

Bravo466

The cars are actually attached to a rollar coaster track. You can see some of it if you are by the side of the building looking up. Also last time i was on it i saw that the back as well as the front wheels turn. THough that it was pretty funny.
-Harris

Lynx04

I have been on the ride when the sound and video failed. It is kinda weird. For some reason I felt lonely. Cause your doing all these different things but no one is explaining what is going on.

TheOneVader

wdwfreak said:
Yea, Its kinda Neat to hear the loud Roar, But its fun still! :)

last time i saw a car stopped in the middle of a track outside, like it broke down and it was all smokey.. the tracks are made of real roads or not. Im not sure what its made of.

The road is actually made of the same material found on the deck of an aircraft carrier.

Also, those video screens hardly ever work. But, we were lucky enough to get a working one last time. We rode it a second time afetr that, and it was on, but stuck on one frame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom