How do they do the concrete "crack" seams?

roj2323

Original Poster
I'm familiar with concrete stamping and that process as I used to be a concrete finisher, but how do they do the simulated concrete cracks which are actually seams? Also does anyone know what company does there concrete walkway work?

This is for my upcoming driveway and walkway work at my house. I'm hoping to create a Japanese garden similar to Epcot's. I'll be doing the work myself.

Last edited:

ImagineThat

It's nothing special. Just a piece of electrical conduit with one end hammered down to a flat edge. Then an "artist" uses it to "draw" the cracks into the wet concrete. When they apply the stamps it flattens the rough edges down.

ThatMouse

They use local contractors, and I doubt it's the same one for every project. Choose one that posts pictures of their Disney World work. I'd recommend checking out http://www.diychatroom.com and asking for ideas. Show us or show them a picture of what you want to do. If your knowledge of DYI concrete is throw a bag of cement mix in a wheel barrel and add water, it will probably look bad. There are a lot of tips on YouTube. I've never done anything other than footers with cement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom