How do fast passes and Magic Bands work?

dementedde

Original Poster
I haven't been to Orlando for about 4 years... I can remember how the Fast Passes worked but couldn't remember if I had to pay for them or not.

So can you guys please give me an up-to-date description on Fast Passes and if you can use them free or pay for them AND also about the Magic Bands.

Thanks in advance

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I haven't been to Orlando for about 4 years... I can remember how the Fast Passes worked but couldn't remember if I had to pay for them or not.

So can you guys please give me an up-to-date description on Fast Passes and if you can use them free or pay for them AND also about the Magic Bands.

Thanks in advance
This will answer all your questions
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm#faq

dementedde

Original Poster

It says on that page that the Magic Bands works the same as the tickets and are not required to take part in Fast Passes. I've come to realise now that everything else apart from Fast Passes does not have an effect on me. So, with the tickets can I can use fast passes for up to 3 times a day? Say that I went to Magic Kingdom for half a day and used 2 fast passes there and went to Ecopt for the other half, would I only have 1 more use out of the fast passes or 3?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It says on that page that the Magic Bands works the same as the tickets and are not required to take part in Fast Passes. I've come to realise now that everything else apart from Fast Passes does not have an effect on me. So, with the tickets can I can use fast passes for up to 3 times a day? Say that I went to Magic Kingdom for half a day and used 2 fast passes there and went to Ecopt for the other half, would I only have 1 more use out of the fast passes or 3?

Everything you need to know about the new FastPass+ enhancements - including park hopping and an increased number of selections

dementedde

Original Poster

So from what I can gather the only thing that has changed is you can make three fast pass reservations online. After that you can make additional ones like the old method used in Disney, except there are now limited kiosks around the park rather than being stationed at all of the attractions that uses FastPass. Have I got this right?

Also, what is the website or app to reserve these 3 Fast Passes?

Rob562

So from what I can gather the only thing that has changed is you can make three fast pass reservations online. After that you can make additional ones like the old method used in Disney, except there are now limited kiosks around the park rather than being stationed at all of the attractions that uses FastPass. Have I got this right?

Also, what is the website or app to reserve these 3 Fast Passes?

Correct.

Website is www.mydisneyexperience.com or you can also get there from the WDW main page.
Set up profiles for each person in your party before you start linking things.
After linking admission tickets to your profiles, you can then make FP+ reservations. Disney resort guests get a 60-day window beforehand, off-site Guests get a 30-day window before.

There's also an app available for iPhone and Android phones.

-Rob

dementedde

Original Poster
Correct.

Website is www.mydisneyexperience.com or you can also get there from the WDW main page.
Set up profiles for each person in your party before you start linking things.
After linking admission tickets to your profiles, you can then make FP+ reservations. Disney resort guests get a 60-day window beforehand, off-site Guests get a 30-day window before.

There's also an app available for iPhone and Android phones.

-Rob

Thank you so much Rob, can I ask what a 30-day window and a 60-day window means?

Rob562

Thank you so much Rob, can I ask what a 30-day window and a 60-day window means?

Under FP+ you can book your choices in advance of the days you want to use them (as long as you've linked your park ticket to your profile). So resort guests can book them as far as 60 days in advance, everyone else only 30 days in advance.

-Rob

dementedde

Original Poster
Under FP+ you can book your choices in advance of the days you want to use them (as long as you've linked your park ticket to your profile). So resort guests can book them as far as 60 days in advance, everyone else only 30 days in advance.

-Rob

Ahh I see, thanks for the heads up. I was going to do it now but since I'm not going to Florida until September I better hold on until a bit nearer.

Rob562

Ahh I see, thanks for the heads up. I was going to do it now but since I'm not going to Florida until September I better hold on until a bit nearer.

If you have time, it wouldn't hurt to get you and your family set up with profiles and link your park tickets now. Less to do later, and it makes sure you have the base information ready when it's time to go.

You can either have everyone create their own profiles and then link them together by requesting to be "friends", or you can create one master profile and then have everyone else as a "managed by you" profile.

Linking the tickets now should also give you access to FP+ for the immediate next 30 days, so you can play around with the FP+ system and see how it operates. (Just make sure you cancel any FP+ reservations you may make.)

-Rob

dementedde

Original Poster
If you have time, it wouldn't hurt to get you and your family set up with profiles and link your park tickets now. Less to do later, and it makes sure you have the base information ready when it's time to go.

You can either have everyone create their own profiles and then link them together by requesting to be "friends", or you can create one master profile and then have everyone else as a "managed by you" profile.

Linking the tickets now should also give you access to FP+ for the immediate next 30 days, so you can play around with the FP+ system and see how it operates. (Just make sure you cancel any FP+ reservations you may make.)

-Rob

I tried but it asks for my ticket number. I don't know what that is as I have paid for a holiday package through a travel agents and the tickets won't get to me until - I'm guessing - a month before I go.

Rob562

I tried but it asks for my ticket number. I don't know what that is as I have paid for a holiday package through a travel agents and the tickets won't get to me until - I'm guessing - a month before I go.

Ah, ok. You'll need the tickets in-hand before you can link them.
If your travel agent set them up to be picked up at Will Call when you get to Florida, you'll need to ask them for the confirmation number on the ticket order. You should be able to link them with that.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom