How do disney say... ... ...

davidUK

Original Poster
Hey, long time lurker here!!

I work for a visitor attraction in Leicester here in the UK (The National Space Centre) and we are opening a spectrosopic simulator in a couple of weeks and are just tightening up our safety signs and speil - our lap bars are the ones that go all the way accross the seats for four people.

Now we have just been told by our health and safety inspectors that we cannot have - trying to be nice as i say this - larger people on the ride as smaller people would not be proplerly restrained so we cannot allow larger people to ride (not like a couple of stone overweight but larger!)

We obviously have to put this on our signage but don't know how to write it with out offending people or being too obtuse so no one understands it. So i wondered how disney did it - they must have had the same problem!!!

Thanks in advance!
David

T-1MILLION

I usualy see signs at the major theme parks just saying. "People with certain body Dimensions may not be able to ride to the restraints and nature of the attraction." Hope that helps.

peter11435

Most Disney attractions are designed with that in mind, so size does not become an issue. It becomes obvious however that while a four hundred pound man may ride Thunder Mountain, he can't sit near a six year old ago. The only ride I know of that has an issue over size is M:S. There I believe the signs say, "Guests of certain body types may not be able to experience this adventure."

davidUK

Original Poster
Thanks!!

if id've had my way in the first place then it would have been designed with this in mind (as well as a few other tweaks!!) oh well!!

They sound great, not too rude and not obtuse!!

David

Epcot82Guy

At certain times, the guests can be re-arranged so that the safety is not an issue (i.e. if a larger person can fit, but he or she would make it unsafe for a small child, you can place him next to other adults). Something else to train your people on, althought I would NOT include this option in the signage. it makes it seem that that would always be possible.

psuchad

Straight from Hershey Park's signs "This ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size (height and/or weight) due to the configuration of the safety restraint system."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom