How Disney can get Marvel for WDW

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Doctor Strange is at Universal. But Disney can use Guardians, Shang Chi, and The Eternals.

If he is, it's only on a mural which is not enough to give Universal the rights. Dr. Strange doesn't have a strong connection to any of the families Universal is using, and Disney did a Dr. Strange show at DHS for a while, so it's pretty safe to assume that Universal doesn't have the rights to the character.

The Grand Inquisitor

If he is, it's only on a mural which is not enough to give Universal the rights. Dr. Strange doesn't have a strong connection to any of the families Universal is using, and Disney did a Dr. Strange show at DHS for a while, so it's pretty safe to assume that Universal doesn't have the rights to the character.
I thought they cannot use characters if they are on a mural or a picture?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought they cannot use characters if they are on a mural or a picture?

Based on this line from the contract I wouldn't think being on the mural would be enough...

" is more than an incidental element of an attraction, is presented as a costumed character, or is more than an incidental element of the theming of a retail store or food facility; "

I think the idea that some people have put forth is that Universal put all the characters that they have the rights to on the mural. So being on the mural isn't what gives them the rights, there is some other reason.

The Grand Inquisitor

Based on this line from the contract I wouldn't think being on the mural would be enough...

" is more than an incidental element of an attraction, is presented as a costumed character, or is more than an incidental element of the theming of a retail store or food facility; "

I think the idea that some people have put forth is that Universal put all the characters that they have the rights to on the mural. So being on the mural isn't what gives them the rights, there is some other reason.
Thanks for the clarification!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom