How crowded in Feb or March?

Cindyrella

Hi all- We're looking to go to WDW this month or the beginning of March. AS much as I love WDW, I can't stand it when it's crowded. We've always managed to avoid large crowds by going during off peak sesons. Does anyone know what the crowds are like this time of year? We were supposed to go in the beginning of December, but I was in my first trimester of pregnancy and had to cancel due to severe morning sickness (which lasted all day long!)

TURKEY

If you go, go during the week.

Weekends are seeing major spikes in resort occupancy due to groups (be here through March), Florida resident rates for resorts, and Florida 4 Play tickets.

Upvote 0

ThirdEye

I'm going the 28th and I hope there isnt large crowds. I wanna be able to ride Mission to Space and than run over to MGM and ride the new ToT atleast 5 times and RnR 5 times ofcourse... and then just take my time going from attraction to attraction and not have to run all over for each ride.

Upvote 0

frazierle

Don't go around Presidents day it will be crowded. Also just a note Mardi Gras is 2/24 so you will have a New Orleans flavor there at least for the beginning of the week (we're not that bad). In the past as long as Mardi Gras was not the week of or preceeding Presidents week, the crowds have been pretty lite.

Upvote 0

kidbiz

March 10-16

Just to let you all know, there will be a major cheerleading competition March 13-14 and will be arriving two days before and leaving two days after. We will be attending ourselves for the second year. Most are staying in AS Sports and CB along with other low-moderate resorts. Be patient - they are a VERY high energy group of girls. Contact the coaches if you see any inappropriate behavior, hopefully they will discipline them. I know our group of girls are chaparoned at a 1:4 ratio ages 10 to 18. Hopefully this helps you.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Re: March 10-16

Originally posted by kidbiz
Just to let you all know, there will be a major cheerleading competition March 13-14 and will be arriving two days before and leaving two days after. We will be attending ourselves for the second year. Most are staying in AS Sports and CB along with other low-moderate resorts. Be patient - they are a VERY high energy group of girls. Contact the coaches if you see any inappropriate behavior, hopefully they will discipline them. I know our group of girls are chaparoned at a 1:4 ratio ages 10 to 18. Hopefully this helps you.

All-Star Cheer (the best of the best)?

Upvote 0

kidbiz

all star cheer

As far as I know the classification of "All Star" cheerleading is that these are private groups that do not cheer for any particular sport. They pay big bucks and practice many times a week to perfect their skills. They are allowed to do some amazing albeit dangerous stunting and tumbling routines. They will have the semi finals on Sat. at the Raiders of the Lost Ark area (MGM) and the finals will be on Sunday at the Wide World of Sports arena. If you have ever seen them on ESPN these are the girls and guys that perform. Some high schools will not let their groups perform at this level due to insurance issues. This whole event is sponsored by ESPN and will be shown on Disney TV during the competition and on regular ESPN around May or June. Hope this answers your questions. Kidbiz

Upvote 0

DisneyDancer312

March madness?

I have been to WDW in march 4 times. The longest i've waited in a line is 90 minutes. Compared to other months that isnt that bad considering they have fast passes and all. But you lucked out if you go this march because every two years my dance studio performs in MK and in Universal but we stay at the All Star. There is about 102 of us maybe more maybe less but somewhere around there and we make it pretty crowded with just one group. Also like the other reply said about the cheerleading ...we see TONS of Cheerleading groups and teams. Some Days all you see in the hotel lobby's are Dance and Cheer teams . It really sometimes is crazy but i love to go in March. It would have to be my favorite time. Thats only my opinion though. If you have children i would maybe see if you can find a less crowded time. I am 14 years old and i cant stand in 90 minutes lines without complaining and i know for a fact my 3 year old brother cant . so think of that . Hope you have a Great stay at WDW! (come to think of it ...- who doesnt?? hehe):animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom