How close together trips have you made?

DisneyPhD

How many of you have made back to back trips close together? (2 or more) This is why I am wondering.

With the new DVC AP discount it is such a deal we are getting one for each of us for our upcoming Feb-25 to March 4th trip (BCV). We are going with another group of friends so there will be 10 in all in our group.

We were thinking since we got the AP let's go again. Well the next best time to go is May since hubby has a break between teaching Winter and Spirng classes. We went to Vero Beach last year 1st week of May and loved it. It was a great trip. We didn't do WDW since we had just been there in Jan 5 months before (and our AP had expired). Well I did find myself wishing we did a few days at WDW while we were in Orlando.

So the plan is return April 29 to May 3 and stay at POR (we got a good deal with an email code, 79 a night) and then head over to VB for 3 nights May 3rd to 7th. Air fare isn't too bad (less then 200 per person,) rental car is around 200 and food isn't too much of an issue since we are DVC and POR now has refreg. I mean hey you have to eat at home too. It will be nice to have a just family trips since we are going with friends and my niece is staying with us on the Feb/March trip.

We have 8 weeks to our next trip, then 8 weeks after coming home we go again. Heck I was thinking about it and if we do this we will be in WDW for at least one day each in Feb, March, April and May. How nuts is that? :p

Is 8 weeks to close together? We will be traveling with a 4 year old and a under 1 year old (7 and 9 months at time of trips.) So far the baby is a really easy going kid, so I am not too worried about it and we know how to travel with kids.

We haven't told family because they are going to think we are just nuts!

rosebud's mom

I don't think its crazy. I say - if you can afford it and it makes you happy - go for it !

The closest I ever went is slightly different. I went 2 or 3 days at a time every weekend during the slow months in the late 80's. At that time we had Florida resident passes called 4 Season Salute. They were good for 4 months, actually a little more than that, during set dates. I lived about an hour away, so I took my 3 kids and went every chance I got.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I have done many back to back trips, and even some back to back to back trips!

Last December-January, I was down there every weekend for four straight weeks!

It was great, but it did wear on me! I was there for both work and pleasure. The work was about an hour over the weekend and I played the rest of the time.

I was there Fri-Monday every time and it was overall a fun experience, but believe me... I was ready for a weekend at home at the end!

It looks like I will be doing a similar thing this year in the coming weeks, I plan to break up everything by playing some golf and going to the water parks... even though it may be cold!

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

Go and have a great time!!

We went three times in one year, January, August and December. Our families thought we were insane but, the opportunity presented itself and we took it!!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Last time we had AP we went March, Aug and Jan. We decided never again in Aug and we have to go when Hubby's college is out or when he isn't teaching. No more summer for us. Last year the weather in May was so nice we were thinking it would be great again this year. However I heard some rummors about the DL celebration and am a bit worried it will be a busyier then normal time. Then agian I got the ressies with no problem.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We do a lot of back to back trips. We did 2 of the star wars weekends in 2004 and we also did the first 2 weekends in December 2004. My wife and I are shooting for all the Star Wars weekends in 2005.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
DisneyPhD said:
Last time we had AP we went March, Aug and Jan. We decided never again in Aug and we have to go when Hubby's college is out or when he isn't teaching. No more summer for us. Last year the weather in May was so nice we were thinking it would be great again this year. However I heard some rummors about the DL celebration and am a bit worried it will be a busyier then normal time. Then agian I got the ressies with no problem.
I know what you mean about August. We get the seasonal passes first of all they save us quite a lot of $$ not to mention we don’t want any part of WDW , or any other park in Orlando, during the summer months.

Upvote 0

barnum42

With an AP I have taken two weeks at the time of purchase, two weeks five or six months later and two weeks at the end of the twelve months pass.

Upvote 0

awalkinthepark

Back in my single days I used to travel every other month from RI to FL...sometimes three day weekends sometimes full weeks...my mom also lives about 30 minutes away from the parks so I saved tons of money on hotels...now that I'm married and have kids...we have gone from 3-4 trips per year to 1 trip per year...hopefully we'll manage two trips in 2005 and get back up to 3 trips again for 2006..

Upvote 0

Slipknot

Three times in the span of 8 days. Albeit each time was a one day trip. :hammer: The first two had a span of three days and the last was two days after the second. Living 200 miles south, you can imagine the gas and toll totals that week.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Well, I was there in mid October for 4 nights, early December for 5 nights and have reservations to return in late January for 7 nights and 5 nights in mid March. All from here in (cold) northern Indiana!

Add me to the list of crazy Disney freaks! :animwink: I just wish I lived within about 2 or 3 hour drive from WDW! Then I would be in heaven on earth! :cool:

Keep your fingers crossed that the airlines don't go out of business first! :eek:

Upvote 0

Nicole

I went in July for a weekend, then the last week of August for a week, then the first part of December for 10 days. Do people think I'm nuts? Probably. Do I care? Nope!

If you can do it, I say go for it! I just booked a 4 day weekend trip for March as well! If it's possible to wear out an AP I want to be the one to discover it!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
I guess I am not really worried about us being bored or too much of a good thing. The 2nd trip will be a much more relaxing laid back trip (I love Vero Beach)

I think what I have the mixed emotions about is the fact that I know my brother and his wife would love to take their daughter to WDW but can't aford it, but little PhD has been soo many times. I think I will just keep quiet about the 2nd trip. Green eyed monsters are so ugly.

Upvote 0

hooch

This is a nice thread as I've been concerned as well...
Went Oct. '03 - April '04 - July '04 - Dec. '04
have Feb. '05 booked and Spring Break '05 as well.
Trying some new resorts as well as favorites.
Think I'll stick w/ my plans and enjoy it!

Upvote 0

MissM

Last year we picked up the seasonal pass and made great use of it. Going every couple weekends was a neat way to experience the parks. Because there wasn't huge pressure that you had to do one thing or another on any one day; you have the freedom to explore the parks in your own pace and go with what the crowds were like per day. Big Thunder Mountain packed one weekend? Hit it the next time around.

Having back-to-back visits should allow you to have a more relaxing time of it. Doing what you want, when you want, without the time crunching down on you.

Enjoy,
-m

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom