how close to epcot do you need to be to join the 7am GOTG que?

correcaminos

You have to have a park reservation for Epcot. I've been a far as 1000 miles away for getting VQ slot. For 1pm you have had to tap in earlier to Epcot. Once you do that you can be anywhere.

esskay

Probably shouldn't share this but if you've got an old iPhone or Android device you dont mind rooting/jailbreaking you can get apps to fake your GPS position to the rest of the OS.

May have used this a couple of times in the past when I couldn't get to a park in time...

correcaminos

Probably shouldn't share this but if you've got an old iPhone or Android device you dont mind rooting/jailbreaking you can get apps to fake your GPS position to the rest of the OS.

May have used this a couple of times in the past when I couldn't get to a park in time...
Not needed for this. The tap in for the 1pm is required and you can be outside the parks if you have. The tap in is about a ticket use, not a location. For the morning park reservations are required and that's it. I was at my home airport for one VQ sitting on the plane waiting on my 7:05am take off when I snagged a boarding group.

esskay

Not needed for this. The tap in for the 1pm is required and you can be outside the parks if you have. The tap in is about a ticket use, not a location. For the morning park reservations are required and that's it. I was at my home airport for one VQ sitting on the plane waiting on my 7:05am take off when I snagged a boarding group.
Not tried it with the current incarnation of things, good to know you no longer need to be in the parks. I can't for the life of me remember what it was it was needed for but something used to need it (I'm talking back when Fastpass+ was pretty new and MyDisneyExperience was in its infancy).

You used to be able to build bots to do things like fastpass+ reservations as well. I had one going for geting to get a bunch of reservations that would basically just sit reloading the page until a slot became available and then booked it.

correcaminos

Not tried it with the current incarnation of things, good to know you no longer need to be in the parks. I can't for the life of me remember what it was it was needed for but something used to need it (I'm talking back when Fastpass+ was pretty new and MyDisneyExperience was in its infancy).

You used to be able to build bots to do things like fastpass+ reservations as well. I had one going for geting to get a bunch of reservations that would basically just sit reloading the page until a slot became available and then booked it.
Only thing I can think of that require location now is food related. Cannot recall other location needed but my brain is not functioning from super early morning school drop offs lol

I know about bots for FP+ though I never bothered. No ride was that important to me. Similar to dining finders. Nothing is that important to me but we go often.

valenrandy

On our trip last month, I was in Houston when I joined the VQ and did another FP/G+ reservation. As others stated, as long as you have a reservation for that park you can be anywhere on the planet lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom