How busy is Thanksgiving

Clockwork

Original Poster
How busy is Thanksgiving week my friends are telling me its as bad as Christmas/New Years.True or false?Its making me nervous about my upcoming trip for that week.I've been for Spring Break,beginning of June and end of August is this comparible.

Goofnut1980

I went the week of thanksgiving a few years back and it wasn't really that bad at all.. I think we waited 30 mins at most for a few "E" tickets... The only downside (for me) going then is the Holiday decorations are not all up/turned on. So it was sort of a bummer for me. I am a Christmas freak. I have 14 Christmas trees!But by all means.. Go!

We went last year and it really wasn't as bad as we expected but we got there early and made full use of the fast passes. We got on more or less everything. Don't worry about it, just enjoy it!

diz4ever

This year will be our 3rd time going fo the week of Thanksgiving, the crowds are bearable. The parks will fill up later in the week (Thurs and Fri), so if you go for the whole week take advantage of the early part of the week to do the must doos. The weather is warm in the days and cool at night. Take advantage of the emh's when possible ,and always make your adr's as early as possible so you can get the resteraunts you want. It is best time of the year for us to go ,the kids are out of school ,i only miss 3 days of work,and the holiday decorations are in full swing.:xmas:

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
havent been there at Christmas to compare, but have been there for Thanksgiving the past 2 years. It is crowded, but plan well and you will be fine. The later you stay into the week following Thanksgiving, the more the parks thin out. Its a great time to go. Don't worry about crowds and enjoy. spend time in some of the resorts just to take in all of the Christmas decorations. Awesome!!

powlessfamily4

We went last year and Sat - Tues leading into Thanksgiving were not bad. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were a crush. Thanksgiving day was really really packed. We were at Magic Kingdom and we didn't even get on any rides. I also want to add that you should consider Tony's for Thanksgiving dinner. I know it does not get high rankings for a lot of it's Italian, but they did awesome of the turkey dinner, :)

HornsofaSteer

Thanksgiving is actually one of my favorite times to go. The crowds are not extreme and you get to experience Disney at Christmas time without all of the people. I find it to be quite enjoyable and it is definately worth it if you want to experience Christmas time. :xmas:

jlandis44

Was there two years ago. Monday and Tuesday were tolerable, Wed started to get bad...Thursday and Friday were crazy nuts. Touring plans was predicting 8's, and they actually sent out apologies as the crowds were definite 10s.

Clockwork

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies I'm disabled so I'm kinda afraid of the crowds and I refuse to use the scooters.I wont be the guy who runs people over.I believe if I can use my feet I will until I cant use them anymore

cowanfamily

Last year was pretty much how it has been reported. Mon and Tues tolerable. The rest of the week was slammed. HS was the fullest I have ever seen it.

Clockwork

Original Poster
Thanks

Again thank you I have to go when kids are out of school so it's either now or Christmas so I think I'll rake my chances with the crowds at Thanksgiving. At least I have Sat.Sun.Mon.Tues. with lower crowds so it should be fun for those days and we will have to do shopping on Thurs.Fri. Again thank you for the feedback :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom