House of Mouse

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
Does anyone else remember this TV show? After looking back on it, I'm wondering why Disney never replicated it somewhere. They could've made it a restaurant similar to the drive in where you eat and watch old Disney shorts and cartoons. They could've even placed it in DHS. Just an idea. But I'm wondering why Disney never made use of this show.

Sped2424

Does anyone else remember this TV show? After looking back on it, I'm wondering why Disney never replicated it somewhere. They could've made it a restaurant similar to the drive in where you eat and watch old Disney shorts and cartoons. They could've even placed it in DHS. Just an idea. But I'm wondering why Disney never made use of this show.
Because tv shows don't have a great longevity, that's why gadet's go coaster over at toon town at Disneyland is completely over everyone's heads who ride it. I think WDI learned that mistake in the 90's and don't tend to create permanent attractions or restaurants that would be based on a tv program.

Cmdr_Crimson

Because tv shows don't have a great longevity, that's why gadet's go coaster over at toon town at Disneyland is completely over everyone's heads who ride it. I think WDI learned that mistake in the 90's and don't tend to create permanent attractions or restaurants that would be based on a tv program.

Well what about...
kimpossible.jpg

Show Ended in 2007. Attraction Premiered 2009 Ended in 2012. Agent P was the Successor to it.

Sped2424

Well what about...
kimpossible.jpg

Show Ended in 2007. Attraction Premiered 2009 Ended in 2012. Agent P was the Successor to it.
I believe I said permanent ;D Its why there is no kim possible dark ride or restaurant little things like the show case adventure are minimal and really don't require much to be updated to another property as seen with Phineas and ferb.

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
Well I mean House Of Mouse was more of a show just to showcase the Fab 5. So I mean it could've fit in the parks that way. Even if the show was canceled. Just because it had the oppurtunity for another different character dining experience. As if we need another one of those though..

Cmdr_Crimson

Well I mean House Of Mouse was more of a show just to showcase the Fab 5. So I mean it could've fit in the parks that way. Even if the show was canceled. Just because it had the oppurtunity for another different character dining experience. As if we need another one of those though..

I know what you mean..I think the only character dining at DHS is a Disney Junior one. If they did make it I would guess they'd make it similar to Sci-Fi Dine in. And since it featured the Majority of the Film Animation & Classic characters rather than the Disney Afternoon/One Saturday Morning characters (Recess, Pepper Ann, Doug). It would have worked. They could have easily had this on Sunset Blvd and could also use this as the Fantasmic Dining package as well..
HouseOfMouseAd.jpg

KCheatle

I LOVED the House of Mouse. I still pull up episodes on the ipad for the kiddos to watch. There are articles out there which suggest it's coming back on air (are re-furbed version) in the next year or so. I guess we'll see??

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
I know what you mean..I think the only character dining at DHS is a Disney Junior one. If they did make it I would guess they'd make it similar to Sci-Fi Dine in. And since it featured the Majority of the Film Animation & Classic characters rather than the Disney Afternoon/One Saturday Morning characters (Recess, Pepper Ann, Doug). It would have worked. They could have easily had this on Sunset Blvd and could also use this as the Fantasmic Dining package as well..
HouseOfMouseAd.jpg
Right cause this would've been a great place to bring back old characters who don't normally get park time. And then show off some of the Disney heritage by showing old characters. In my opinion this wouldve been a huge hit and a great way to make meet and greets more accessible and fun for everyone. Plus like is stated about could have been part of the Fantasmic Dining Plan. I mean just look at all the different characters. This could have been a dining experience which isn't set to one type of character (e.g Fab 5, Princesses, etc.) but would have welcomed each and every character even villains.

baloofigment14

Of course! I loved that show! I think the restaurant idea would have been a good one. It would be a good replacement for the Sci-Fi in DHS.

zurgandfriend

My DS lovedHouse of Mouse aswhen he was little along with Bear in the Big Blue House, Rollie Pollie Ollie and PB & J all of which have gone the way of all flesh.

LucyK

I was able to download all episodes a while ago, using a torrent. Even though I was not a kid when I first saw it, I really enjoyed those cartoons.

danpam1024

I bought the DVDs for my son when he was small- I loved to watch him dance to the opening song..."who's that rockin' in the House of Mouse?...."

brb1006

The House Of Mouse is a very underrated show. I always loved seeing Disney character interacting with each other. I really hope someday Disney might find a way to make a reboot of this show especially after hearing the news that the DuckTales Reboot is heading to Disney XD next year. But that is highly unlikely at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom