Hourly Transfer Requests

mastif

Original Poster
Hello. Just wondering if anyone that has any experience or anyone that's done it before some details. Right now I'm a seasonal attractions cm, but I'm moving back to the orlando area this summer. I'll be looking at going either part or full time. I wanted to know how to go about putting in a hourly transfer request to work say transportation, or maybe even be a bus driver. I know the first step is requesting it on the hub, but I'd like to know from anyone that's done it how long it takes when all said and done. Also, is there a way to see what positions are hiring, or do I need to contact casting? I'll be calling casting at some point this week, but just wanted to hear from some people on here.

csaribay

Assuming your record card is okay, you can submit it via the portal (if you still have access) or via the Casting office's Green Room. If you wish to transfer to a role that requires an interview, you will need to schedule an interview for a physical interview at casting.

The process in terms of time is pending role availability. Disney is slowly starting to release requisitions, but there's no guarantee that you'll be immediately matched up with one. At the very least, it will take two weeks if there is an immediate opening and your transfer is immediate. If not, it could take several months.

Jobs available to the public (where you would generally be considered first before outside candidates) can be viewed at wdw.jobs. Click apply, follow the prompts and go through the process (not logging in, instead clicking "create new profile"). You'll see available positions on the next screen.

mastif

Original Poster
thanks for the reply, I'll check that website out. My record card isn't great, but i've heard something about the previous 6months are what count? Is that true? I know the points will always be on my record card, but will they consider points that are over 2 years old? i haven't had any points in the last year, but at the same time I've been seasonal the past year and have only worked maybe 30-40 hours total.

echoscot

If you haven't had any points in the last year you are safe...but just a word of caution: watch your points, attendance and everything. With the economy in its current situation, the company doesn't have many openings and they are very picky about who they get to fill them.

Otherwise, best of luck and have fun with your new role if you get selected for one.:D

niteobsrvr

thanks for the reply, I'll check that website out. My record card isn't great, but i've heard something about the previous 6months are what count? Is that true? I know the points will always be on my record card, but will they consider points that are over 2 years old? i haven't had any points in the last year, but at the same time I've been seasonal the past year and have only worked maybe 30-40 hours total.

I dont know trhe exact requirements but I think the points would have to be recent for them to count against you.

Disney was recently hiring bus drivers for full time only. That was taken off the website above and replaced with part time bus driver over the weekend.

YOu must be 21 years og age to transfer to busses and already posses or be able to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Passenger endorsement. Your license must be issued by the state of Florida per company policy.

Initially, you will need to complete a drivers background check which is slightly different than the background check you initally were subjected to when hired by the company. Your driving record must be clean for the most part of moving violations. ONce those come back and are accepted, you will be sent for a drivers physical and drug test. Once your health checks out, you will be offered the job and will start your training.

You may transfer into busses with an appropriate CDL learners permit. It is your responsibility to take all of the witten tests to gain this permit. The company does not provide instruction for this part of the process. Regardless of your experience with commercial vehicles all drivers complete the same drivers training course with the initial two weeks of traning ending in a Commercial Drivers License Pretrip inspection test, Skills test and Road test. Upon successful completion you will then move on to the next stage of traing which teaches you how to do your job the Disney way. That portion last 17 days.

If you do not have a commercial drivers license, you should know that the law will see you differently even in your personal vehicle once you obtain it. If you consume alcohol, the threshold for being charged with drunk driving is such that even one beer could put you over the legal limit. If you commit a traffic violations, the points on your license are higher and the fines greater. Under these laws, it is easier to have your license suspended. A commercial drivers license is a great responsiblity, please make sure you ready for that.

elisatonks

as stated above the amount of time can vary greatly dependant on a number of things. From what i have heard when a full time position becomes avaliable they will first check the wait list, if that position is requested by someone already full time they will get the first chance to transfer into it, if there is one than on f/t wanting to transfer it is then offered to the person with the most seniority. If it isn't filled then it is then offer to the part timer requesting the position how has the highest seniority and if still not filled then to seasonal cast. memeber has a chance of getting it. if still not filled then is filled externally. I had a friend who only waited two weeks who has just turned full time, but then there is someone in my area who wait 6+ months. I am curren tly on the waitr list for full time attractions or parking and have already been waiting 3 weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom