Hotel TV Question

LizC

Original Poster
My family and I are staying at the Boardwalk Villas in Jan 2014. My mother would love to watch movies from her IPAD in the evening on the TV in her studio. Does anyone have any experience with this? She has the AV Cable wire (I think that is what it's called) to connect to the TV, and is usually able to use it in hotel rooms with newer TV's.

Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!

FigmentFan284

I have never stayed at the Boardwalk Villas, but I do know at the regular Boardwalk the TV is encased in the entertainment center/bureau so you can't get to any of the input jacks on the TV. So I don't think she'll be able to hook up the iPad.

It could be different at the villas though.

jkl2000

I would check with the front desk, I think. I've seen hotel TVs where you can connect almost anything, but you want to know what kind of connectors you need. A USB cable might be enough.

Rob562

During some of the more recent refurbs at various Disney resorts they've incorporated A/V inputs for the TV's into the cabinets. I don't know when the last refurb was at BWV, but if it was recent you may luck out.

-Rob

LizC

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I will pass the info along to my mother.

I sure do hope she can watch her movies. We got a studio connecting to a 1 BR, so the happier she is in her room the happier she will be to watch the kids while my husband and I enjoy Disney at night! ;)

LizC

Original Poster
Since it is a DVC resort, you can rent DVDs at the front desk.

I did not know that, thank you. Do you know if there is a DVD player at every TV or just in the "living room"?

Edit: Just watched a video on YouTube and it seems there is a DVD player in the studio rooms. So problem solved. Thanks again! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom