Horseback riding

Labmommy

We were planning on going horseback riding while we are in Disney in Dec, my questions are has anyone ever done it and is there certain times of the day you would recommend? Thanks for the help

I have done it a couple of times, the best slots are the earlier ones first thing in the morning, you see more animals and chances are there will be less people riding with you so it will be more of an intimate experience.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Earlier is better. If you have done other trail rides, be aware that the Disney one is quite "tame". It's all at a walk on what amount to dirt roads.

It is still fun, and quite well done, but if you are looking to canter, gallop, or go through some interesting terrain, its not going to happen.

-dave

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Thanks Dave. "Tame" is actually perfect lol I'm actually a little nervous to do it. My husband loves riding so I am really doing it for him.

You should have no problems. The horses are all calm, you go at a walk, the trails are wide for the most part, and the guides are very good at explaining what to do.

-dave

Upvote 0

glvsav37

Is there an age limit for this? How much does it cost? I assume it leaves from the campgrounds?

and @Magic Carpet Ride what types of animals are you saying you can see?

never did, but sounds like a nice 'non-park' thing to do. We try and schedule a few non-park things b/c the parks everyday will beat you up.

Upvote 0

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
One thing to watch out for... I thought the horseback riding sessions left from the Circle D Ranch near the Hoop-De-Doo Review. Based on this, we scheduled breakfast at the Wilderness Lodge and walked to the Circle D Ranch. It turns out, the horses for the trail ride are at the Trail Blaze Corral, at the opposite side of the campground. We had to take an internal shuttle bus through the campground and ended up being a little late for our scheduled time. Thankfully, we were able to get our paperwork completed quickly and were able to do our ride.

As others have said, it is a pretty tame ride through trails around the campground area. Not a bad way to get away from the commotion of the parks for a little while.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom