Hopping with FP+: do I need to prebook and use 3 FP+ before I can make one in another park?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Quick question about the current FP+ rules. I've attempted to research this, and found half a dozen different [reputable, recent] websites that either provide totally conflicting answers, or don't include this scenario in their Q&A. Even the Disney website describes the ability to prebook just one or two FP+, but simultaneously says you need to use "all three" of your prebooked FP+ before making any in another park.

My family has a 9:30am FP+ for Flight of Passage on a particular day. As soon as we've used it, we may hop elsewhere. Do I have to make two additional "burner" FP+ in the Animal Kingdom and allow them to expire before we can make FP+ in a different park? Or, if we only make the one FP+ ahead of time, once we've used it will we then be able to make additional, day-of FP+ in a different park? (And if we can, will our first two selections be limited to "Tier 2" attractions if we're headed to a tiered park, since Flight of Passage is a "Tier 1", or doesn't it matter at that point?)

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Quick question about the current FP+ rules. I've attempted to research this, and found half a dozen different [reputable, recent] websites that either provide totally conflicting answers, or don't include this scenario in their Q&A. Even the Disney website describes the ability to prebook just one or two FP+, but simultaneously says you need to use "all three" of your prebooked FP+ before making any in another park.

My family has a 9:30am FP+ for Flight of Passage on a particular day. As soon as we've used it, we may hop elsewhere. Do I have to make two additional "burner" FP+ in the Animal Kingdom and allow them to expire before we can make FP+ in a different park? Or, if we only make the one FP+ ahead of time, once we've used it will we then be able to make additional, day-of FP+ in a different park? (And if we can, will our first two selections be limited to "Tier 2" attractions if we're headed to a tiered park, since Flight of Passage is a "Tier 1", or doesn't it matter at that point?)

No, you don't have to make 3 in advance if you are park hopping.

It's important to realise this only works for park hopping. Also note that you are allowed 3 INITIAL fastpasses, but these do not need to be all booked in advance. Some (or indeed all) of them can be made on the day.

- You can pre-book one, two or three initial fastpasses in a single park.

- If you pre-book only one, as soon as you use it, you can go ahead and make another two in a different park or parks. If you make them both in the same park as each other, you can book a tier 1 and a tier 2. If you are making them in two separate parks, they can both be tier 1.

- If you pre-book two, then as soon as you tap into the first one, you can go ahead and make your third initial fastpass in another park.

- You can also decide to cancel one or two pre-booked ones, and make new ones in a different park. You have to cancel, not modify. Modifying will not work!

Once you've used your initial 3 fastpasses, normal rules apply. One at a time, any tier, any park.

To your specific questions.

You can just book a fastpass for FoP in advance.
No need for burner FPs.
Once you have used that, you can make your remaining two initial fastpasses at another park or parks. These can both be tier 1 if in two different parks, or a tier 1 and a tier 2 in a single park.
So you could book TT and SE in Epcot
Or TT in Epcot and TSMM in DHS

Remember (for those new to this) this is only for park hopping!

Come back and ask questions if this is as clear as mud ;)

ETA - you can find a step by step walk through of this process on the DIS boards, with images to help.

BoardwalkGlenn

No, you don't have to make 3 in advance if you are park hopping.

It's important to realise this only works for park hopping. Also note that you are allowed 3 INITIAL fastpasses, but these do not need to be all booked in advance. Some (or indeed all) of them can be made on the day.

- You can pre-book one, two or three initial fastpasses in a single park.

- If you pre-book only one, as soon as you use it, you can go ahead and make another two in a different park or parks. If you make them both in the same park as each other, you can book a tier 1 and a tier 2. If you are making them in two separate parks, they can both be tier 1.

- If you pre-book two, then as soon as you tap into the first one, you can go ahead and make your third initial fastpass in another park.

- You can also decide to cancel one or two pre-booked ones, and make new ones in a different park. You have to cancel, not modify. Modifying will not work!

Once you've used your initial 3 fastpasses, normal rules apply. One at a time, any tier, any park.

To your specific questions.

You can just book a fastpass for FoP in advance.
No need for burner FPs.
Once you have used that, you can make your remaining two initial fastpasses at another park or parks. These can both be tier 1 if in two different parks, or a tier 1 and a tier 2 in a single park.
So you could book TT and SE in Epcot
Or TT in Epcot and TSMM in DHS

Remember (for those new to this) this is only for park hopping!

Come back and ask questions if this is as clear as mud ;)

ETA - you can find a step by step walk through of this process on the DIS boards, with images to help.

Thanks for this!! Very helpful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom