Hoop Dee Doo Revue

WDW1992

Anybody care to review this show? Is it geared more for old kids, young kids or adults? If you were a 4 y/o boy would you rather be at this show or swimming at the resort pool? Is it worth the $$$? Thanks!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
IT's a fun show....4 years old? Maybe would like it...it's all you can eat....plus a fun time...I think it's worth the money....go for it.

Upvote 0

Smee

Originally posted by WDW1992
Anybody care to review this show? Is it geared more for old kids, young kids or adults? If you were a 4 y/o boy would you rather be at this show or swimming at the resort pool? Is it worth the $$$? Thanks!
Thisi s really good show, possibly the best in the park, the performers are some of the best at WDW. Food is all you can eat country fare, fried chicken, etc., good quality.

We took our kid at about age 5, the show held his attention for a while then he got tired and lost interest. This was after a busy day in the parks. Given a choice I'm sure he would have picked the pool. The show is mostly singing, dancing, and home-spun comedy. Very family, good entertainment.

4 years old? depends on the kid, it's not cheap.

Upvote 0

Teamdisney

Hoop De Doo

I have seen it several times, and yes it is one of the best shows on property.

As far as the 4 year old enjoying the show, it would be chancey.

I personaly think that he or she would much rather be at the pool.

If your staying on property you couldl always leave your child at one of the many child services on property where they would have a great time and you and your husbnad or wife could go and enjoy the show. We adults need a little time away from the kids even on vacation.

You can inquire about child sitting services like the Cub's Den, or Neverland at guest services upon checking in to your resort.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

disneydudette

i would take a chance on it.......its a funny show....I'm sure he would enjoy the show......

but if it came down to the pool of this...I'm sure he'd rather be at the pool!

Upvote 0

orlandoparks

It's OK. The ribs are always a little tough. The chicken is ok. If I had the choice between this and the Polynesian Luau, DEFINATELY Polynesian Luau. No doubt. The food at the Polynesian Luau was awesome.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I think you might have a better time somewhere else, especially with a 4 year old. He/She will definately have abetter time at Whispering Canon Cafe or Ohana.

Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge serves the same food for half the price and it is also all you can eat. The entertainment isn't as good, but ti is definately more kid friendly.

Ohana is in the Polynesian and it serves different meats and other tropical dishes over the worlds largest open fire pit. Great place and a great substitute for the Luau or Hoop Dee Doo.

I would go to Ohana because you will probably get the best food and best time there. But if you want more BBQ cooking go to Whispering Canyon. But definately save yourself the mone and go to one of those restaurants instead of the show.

Upvote 0

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I loved the Hoop Dee Doo it is the best show that I ever saw at Disney. I have gone three times and loved it each time I went and you should go to if you want because it was so good. My little brother loved it when we went and he was six. He laughed the whole show and the performs even talked to him because he was laughing so loud.

Upvote 0

Lance

I love Fort Wilderness but the Hoop Dee Doo Revue is just an over-priced Fried Chicken main course show. It's like $50 bucks a head............

I don't think it's worth it, I definately think it's something you only need to see once.

But if you have the money and like spending it, GO FOR IT! I'm just a cheapo, so coming from a cheapo like me, it's too much money and not worth it for me to go.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

we did it some years ago, and laughed and ate good food, and generally had a grand ol' time. I was about 12 or so, and I enjoyed it!:)

but the polineasian (sp?!) luau (sp!?) was increbible, and well wroth your time. and money! (fire, hula dancers, fun stuff, good food.)

Upvote 0

craziebabie1

The first time I saw this show I was about 8 years old. I loved it then and I love it now. It is one show that is a must see for me every trip. I think a 4 year old might be a little young. Don't know if they would get bored easily. For the aldults it's a great show.

Upvote 0

danamarie27

This show is enjoyable for any age. M six year old loved it. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying this show unless their seats were terrible. You want to book it quick, because it is first come first served with seating arrangements. Luckily, I booked 10 months in advance and scored a front row table in front of the stage. Anyway, it is definatley worth the money. I think so anyway.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom