Hoop De Doo

momof2girls

Original Poster
I have heard such great things about this show that I'm wondering if maybe I should cancel our ADR for Whispering Canyon and go see Hoop De Doo instead?? What do you think??

tigsmom

They are two very different experiences. The Whispering Canyon Cafe is just a restaurant where the wait staff gets into the Wild West spirit.

The Hoop Dee Do Review is a dinner show with dancing, singing and corny jokes, there is even some audience participation. While the food styles are similar the offerings are not quite the same. You will need ADRs for this and possibly need to pay in advance (I know the rules changed for some, not sure if this is one of them).

My family enjoys both as we usually stay at the WL.

BRER STITCH

I think y'all know what I'm gonna say.... :lol:

BY ALL MEANS...DO BOTH!!!

Change your ADR at Whispering Canyon to BREAKFAST and enjoy the same atmosphere and irreverant behavior along with the BEST all-you-can eat skillet breakfast at WDW!

Then you can still have the BEST dinner show on property when you and your family experience the HOOP-DEE-DOO!!! It's our favorite and a "must-do" on every trip!

NO reason to miss out on either!

HAVE FUN!!!!!

:sohappy: :slurp: :sohappy:

jim1051

If you've never hoopdedooed ya gotta doit onct. We love it. Two mwmbers of our extended families have been selected to go on stage. My son during his honeymoon and a family friend during a trip in '89 with their family of 5 and our family of 5. We had a ball.

seabee1

We absolutely love the Hoop De Doo. We go every trip. The food is great and we have a great time. It is a pay in advance show though. And if you have kids with you I suggest doing the first show, just because it is a long time to wait to eat if you do the second show. I have never eaten at Whispering Canyon, but have heard good things. I will have to go with a suggestion from above, do breakfast there and the Hoop De Doo one evening. A great time to be had by all!:)

MadameCheshire

I've been to both..

The food at WCC is AMAZING!! It is much better than HDD in my opinion, and the entertainment is fun. However.. HDD has MUCH better entertainment. Their food is alright. The show at HDD is also longer.. so you can make more of a night out of it. OH.. if you choose HDD I recommend going to the later seating.. DEFINITELY if you have kids who are a little older. I noticed that the humor is a little more mature (still Disney friendly), but it may be more enjoyable for the older ones. It was for me :)

So it all just depends on you would rather have:
1) Better food - go to WCC
2) Better show - got to HDD

Dagger

This is great to hear! We're doing HDD our last night there and WCC for breakfast the next morning.

We had to get ADR for HDD and pay up front as well (100$ for 2)

We chose the 9:30 seating which is the latest one (5P, 730P, 930P I think)

BRER STITCH

postal03 said:
Should have saved your money. My wife and I went in 1998. The food was cold, and we went to the first show.

WOW!

A lot has hapened in 8 years!!! You owe it to yourself and your wife to give it another shot!

Also, if you ever get cold food in ANY restaurant....ANYWHERE....please bring it to your servers attention and get some HOT stuff in its place!!!

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom