Hoop de Doo Review, still one of our favorites

mbtohill

Original Poster
We spent a week at the parks in early May and were able to go to HDD for our 3rd time. I have to say I just LOVE the whole experience. We parked at WL and took a lovely boat ride to FW and a very short walk to check in. We did the 4pm show this year as we wanted to spend some time at EPCOT in the evening.

As I mentioned this was our 3rd time at HDD and my wife, DD's and I all love this show. The food is really pretty good, great fried chicken, cornbread, really good ribs and the beans are great. My DD asked for "More Chicken, Please!" a couple times, the food will keep coming if you want more.

The show itself is FANTASTIC. I have a long affinity for the show. As an 8 yr old I was lucky enough to be pulled up on stage and played the sheriff who saved a Damsel in distress, great memories to this day. It's corny, sure, but in a good way and they even threw in a couple of "Frozen" jokes.

All in all, just a flat out good time. I'm sure we will go again!!

Last edited:

G8rchamps

We just went for the first time last Sat for the 4pm. My DS9 laughed so hard I thought he was going to hurt himself and I may have a small crush on Flora (she wished me a happy birthday). We have premium annual passes that were a gift and expire in August so we are trying to fit in new experiences. SSSOOOOO glad we saw this show! Food was also very good and who doesn't love the included cold beer and sangria. Highly recommend!

Tinkerbella16

In the 20 trips I've been to Disney, I have never been until 2012 when I went to wdw with my friend and his family and they took me to HDDR for my first time and it quickly became a must do for me each trip! I can't believe in all the years going to Disney, my family has never gone to this! It is awesome! From the show to the food.. It's so much fun and well worth 2 dining credits or even paying OOP. This November We are booked for Nov 13th for the 6:15 show in Category 1 seating! I cannot wait to bring my parents, sister and brother in law to experience this for their first time! I hope they love it as much as I do!

abzoo

My sister and I went for the first time last weekend and we had a great time. We did the late show and were able to get $20 back for the 2 of us using my Tables in Wonderland card. Definitely worth it! Good food. Good sangria. Good fun.

ABQ

Bar none the best entertainment on the property. More fun than any ride. The food, no, it's not exceptional, but it's perfect for the event, the all you can stomach part is a bonus, including the booze, and the straw.....berry......short.....cake is awesome. I've been 4 times, and regardless of who is playing what role, they've all been phenomenal. I love that it's held over in Pioneer Hall where too many people think...meh, I'm not going all the way to FW for some silly ho down. Makes it easier for those of us willing to make the trip to get seats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom