Honeymoon Ideas

Hi, I'm starting to plan my Honeymoon.. We're staying at POFQ (We're going in May for 10 nights) and I was wondering if someone could give me ideas on must see and must do activities & cool places to eat.. Hope I'm posting this in the right place and thanks for the input.. :)

nibblesandbits

I just wanted to say welcome to the boards and I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon!

The one thing I do know that you should do is Disney has buttons available at City Hall in the Magic Kingdom that honor the fact that it's your honeymoon...you should definitely look into grabing those.

Upvote 0

everestcrash

relax at Disney World!

Its your honeymoon enjoy your time together! Try not to rush around and see everything, My brother and his wife did that and said they should of not ran around and scrambled to see everything. I would try to Eat at one of the Resorts fancy Restraunts Like at Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Grand Floridian or even get a couples massage in the middle of the afternoon after going to the parks.
The Parks are Great but alot of other things are offerd at Disney you could go Para Sailing together and get a birds eye view of Disneyworld!Or horseback riding at Fort Wilderness then enjoy the hoop de doo Revue!

I meet my wife working at Disney and are most magical moments are the small and relaxing parts of livng and working and the most magical place on Earth.
If you have any more questions please feel free to send me a message!
Have a Magical Day!:xmas: :xmas:

Upvote 0
Since you're staying at POFQ - you can take one of the romantic horse drawn carriage rides around the resorts. I know that they offer the ones at POR, and possibly at POFQ. You can get a carriage that's made just for two, and I believe that if it's dark out, they're candle lit - but I'm not sure.

Congrats, and I hope you have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

Pippa

Having just returned from my honeymoon at POFQ, I can definately recommend the honeymoon pins and if you want maximum exposure, the hats get a lot of attention too!!! Grooms hat is $10, brides hat $10 or brides headband $16. They got us free champagne, desserts and wine glasses. See my trip report for better details!!

Have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

We just got back from our honeymoon at POFQ a few months ago. You made a great choice for a hotel, it's affordable and incredibly romantic. Nightime strolls around the grounds are a must, they're very pretty and serene at night. Another great thing to do is the boat ride to Downtown Disney. There's a lounge called Scat Cats that has jazz music at night - a great place to unwind with a snack or a cocktail at the end of a long day at the parks. Definately get the bride and groom Mickey ears. You'll get lots of special attention that way. The best place we ate at was Cinderella's Royal Table. It was really romantic and perfect after our Cinderella themed wedding (make sure you go when there isn't character dining happening; I think that's only at suppertime now). Make sure to say it's your honeymoon on all your advanced dining reservations. You'll get special little surprises like Mickey shaped confetti on your table or a special free desert. At Cinderella's Royal Table we got free chapagne flutes. I could go on and on with advice but the best is to take your time and enjoy every moment, you'll cherish this trip for the rest of your life - congratulations!

Upvote 0

AboveAverageJoe

Take the carriage ride....
We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for our honeymoon last year. I surprised my wife with a carriage ride (she loved it). The carriage ride starts at Riverside just out side of Boatwright's Dining Hall. It heads over to the French Quarter resort, then returns back to Riverside. It's very romantic and they had complementary sparkling cider for us. You can bring your own Champagne or sparkling wine if you wish. If I remember correctly the ride was $30 for a 1/2 hour. It is popular so book it now.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welcome :wave:
Definitely make sure that you do the Boat Trip to DTD - its a most relaxing and unhurried way to travel.
Many congrats on your upcoming wedding

Upvote 0

GrandFloridiana

:xmas: Congratulation !
I also recommend carriage ride too. Especially now the weather is
very cool it will be so nice !

My husband surprised me with this carriage ride - I knew nothing but he took
me there ! It's so peaceful moment ... so quiet and just hear nature sound...

Enjoy !!

Upvote 0

HoneyMnShawnee

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all the tips.. I'm really getting excited, if anyone else has anything to add please do..:wave: When I spoke to the travel agent at WDW travel she did add to our reservations (for travel) that we are on our honeymoon so that is a start.. Thanks again..

Upvote 0

Steamboat_Kevin

Some restaurant recommendations:
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada Pavillion/Epcot
California Grill - Contemporary Grill
Teppenyaki Grill - Japan Pavillion/Epcot
Sci-Fi Diner - MGM Studios (Not romantic or anything, just cool and unique)

Be sure to see Illuminations at least once, also.

Upvote 0

pinjim

Take in a show at Hoop-Dee-Doo and let them know you're newlyweds.

Also, go to the Broadwalk at night and also another night at Epcot.

Dine at the California Grille and time you dinner to take in the fireworks at Magic Kingdom; either from your table or if you out on the roof of the Contemporary.

More than anything else, take your time, see the World at your own pace and don't forget the Stitch ride, your new mate will be melting in your arms afterwards:lol:

Dine at Mexico, any time of the day, it's always nighttime inside Mexico.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

When are you getting married? I'm getting married May 20, then staying at PO Riverside that week!

Like the others have said, Cinderella's Royal Table is romantic, along with the California Grill. Try and get reservations near the start of Wishes so you can catch the show from the restaurant. Congrats! :wave:

Upvote 0

HoneyMnShawnee

Original Poster
I'm getting married on May 6 and staying May 8 - May 18, so I'll just miss you at PO. Congrats to you as well. I'll definetly have to hit Le Cellier, considering we're from Canada.. I haven't been to EPCOT since I was 6 so I'd like to see how they represent Canada..

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

HoneyMnShawnee said:
I'm getting married on May 6 and staying May 8 - May 18, so I'll just miss you at PO. Congrats to you as well. I'll definetly have to hit Le Cellier, considering we're from Canada.. I haven't been to EPCOT since I was 6 so I'd like to see how they represent Canada..

I'm marrying a Canadian! :lol:
He's from Burlington Ontario, right outside of Toronto. He's getting a US citizenship after we're married.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We went to WDW for our Honeymoon this past June. On our first night we dressed Hawaiian style and had dinner at Ohana and watched the fireworks at the MK from the window of the restaurant. It was a great start.
We also bought the hats and we alternated them with the buttons. Then we also made our own tee-shirts (when we wore these we didn't wear the hat or buttons, we didn't want to go overboard!). But we wore the hats one night to Pleasure Island and went into the Comedy Club, then they brought us up on stage and did a little skit about us. The especially enjoyed the fact that my husband was a minister! Anyway, just try to relax and have fun, and get lots of pictures together! You'll need to fill up all the picture frames you get for your wedding with them! :lol:
Have a great honeymoon!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom