Homemade Autograph Books

ladycameron

Original Poster
Hey everyone. I will be going on my second Disney trip this fall and was thinking of making my own autograph book for my son. We didn't do any autographs on our first trip and we thought this would be something fun for our 3 year old son to do this time. I'm just looking for some ideas or photos of others autograph books to get me started.

stratman50th

Anyone have any pictures of their homemade autograph books?
Actually, I do. Except it isn't a book. Our daughter liked to meet and greet like other kids, but the autograph books would just go on a shelf and never get picked up again after the trip. We wanted something that would be fun, but last and the memories always be around. We brought a Sharpie with us, and let her pick out a baseball cap. Then when she went to greet the characters, she would have them sign her hat. Did it two years in a row, and she can still wear the hats.

These were taken on day one before the autograph festivities began. I'll take a shot of the hats today with all the signatures and post. The red hat is the one she wears now, and she's 16!

Disney04.jpg

DisneyFamily2005.jpg

LOL! I just realized I'm wearing the same shorts and shirt in both pictures! And yes, they really were a year apart, and yes, I do have other shirts and shorts!:lol:

ladycameron

Original Poster
Actually, I do. Except it isn't a book. Our daughter liked to meet and greet like other kids, but the autograph books would just go on a shelf and never get picked up again after the trip. We wanted something that would be fun, but last and the memories always be around. We brought a Sharpie with us, and let her pick out a baseball cap. Then when she went to greet the characters, she would have them sign her hat. Did it two years in a row, and she can still wear the hats.

These were taken on day one before the autograph festivities began. I'll take a shot of the hats today with all the signatures and post. The red hat is the one she wears now, and she's 16!

Disney04.jpg

DisneyFamily2005.jpg

LOL! I just realized I'm wearing the same shorts and shirt in both pictures! And yes, they really were a year apart, and yes, I do have other shirts and shorts!:lol:
That is a good idea!

gorebunch

We bought the books at a craft store and made our own covers out of scrapbook paper and then used mod podge to glue them down.

We always go with the spiral bound books because they are easier to use in the parks.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

Disney04.jpg

DisneyFamily2005.jpg

We made books with our kids when they were younger - but I love this idea!

Oh I got you beat I've got pictures from 3 years apart with identical clothing.

:lookarounThe fashion police still haven't caught up with me yet!

ladycameron

Original Poster
So i decided on a coiled sketch pad that has nice thick pages. Now for the charcters. Are there any charcater Meet and Greets at the MNSSHP that aren't usually in the parks on a day to day basis?Who all shows up for Dinner at 1900 Park Fare? I need pictures where the Fairy Godmother and Suzy and Perla show up. Do they still?

Theme Parkitect

Disney04.jpg

DisneyFamily2005.jpg

My mom did the same thing for US! But instead we did t-shirts (for more room) and we had Fabric markers..

stephenbttt

The idea of a hat is an awesome idea! I had a hat like that, before my dog thought it looked like food, and it's awesome just to be able to walk around and kind of show off all your autographs through a hat! My two cents on how to keep autographs is kind of two fold. We used to go to Disney and buy a magnet ever time and everyone knows that they can be pretty generic so I was trying to figure out something else. I also was trying to figure out a better way to keep autographs electronically and not just on my hat. So I looked around a bit and found a website that keeps my autographs electronically and also mad some pretty cool magnets. The site is magneticmessenger and I know it seems like they make magnets for celebrations like birthdays and weddings but they also make magnets for pretty much everything else. In my view any time you go to Disney it's a celebration. That's kind of what I did but there are a million other ideas besides a hat and and magnet.

marktikolo

According to me A homemade sign written before we go to Disney World in April this year, my decorative cover, but left blank inside, because you never know what you'll run into characters, I did not want to create if we do not get the opportunity to see and a lot of bad feelings.

purplegirl1818

I still have to put it together but here are the pieces... The M and B are mine and SO's initials that will be the front/back of the book. The pages behind are the signing pages (SO wanted them colorful).

184647653444264108_ltCJfeDf_c.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom