Holy new WDWMagic Home Page!

Slowjack

It does go beyond just linking. Having the image on its own URL means that it can be indexed by Google, and our own search engine. I take on board the comments, and will try to strike up a balance.

The other option of course is to nip out to the store and get a high resolution screen ;) It looks awesome on a MacBook Pro Retina, no scrolling required.
My vertical resolution is 1024. I don't think going to 1080 is going to fix the problem. To be clear, I don't mean I have to scroll because the picture is so large. I can fit the whole picture on my screen, no problem. I mean that each time I click on a thumbnail I return to the top of the screen and have to scroll down to get the entire picture in view. Also, there's the issue of not being able to navigate from one full-res picture to another.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My vertical resolution is 1024. I don't think going to 1080 is going to fix the problem. To be clear, I don't mean I have to scroll because the picture is so large. I can fit the whole picture on my screen, no problem. I mean that each time I click on a thumbnail I return to the top of the screen and have to scroll down to get the entire picture in view. Also, there's the issue of not being able to navigate from one full-res picture to another.
Have you tried the 'Hide Thumbnail' feature?

Tom

Beta Return
Have you tried the 'Hide Thumbnail' feature?

To everyone with the photo issue, Steve's solution DOES work. It brought the mid-size photo up to the middle of my screen, which is at 1280x1024.

Would still love to be able to scroll through the large images via lightbox, but for now, as long as I can scroll through them without scrolling the page up and down, I'm good.

Regardless, the new site is clean and simple. Love it!

jessfriends

We have introduced a new option on the photo gallery screen called 'Hide Thumbnails'. For those of you on lower resolutions screens, this will hide the thumbnails, title, nav bar, and gallery name, moving the main image higher up the screen. This should reduce the amount of scrolling and jumping back to the top.

To revert back to the normal mode, just click 'Show Thumbnails'.

Thank you! It helps a little bit on my laptop (resolution 1366 x 768). It should work much better on my work monitor which I will find out tomorrow.

jessfriends

Yes, this is my problem too (the page returns to the top each time I advance to the next picture) but my resolution number is different. One thing that helped was to view the browser in full screen (F11). It's an extra step but it worked.

Tom

Beta Return
Thank you! It helps a little bit on my laptop (resolution 1366 x 768). It should work much better on my work monitor which I will find out tomorrow.
Yes, this is my problem too (the page returns to the top each time I advance to the next picture) but my resolution number is different. One thing that helped was to view the browser in full screen (F11). It's an extra step but it worked.

The new "Hide Thumbnail" tweak should fix the problem, at least on your 1080 machine. I'm 1280x1024 on my monitors here at home, and after the feature was added, while the page DID refresh, it didn't have to shift the page up because the main photo was already in the viewing area.

But yes, if you don't have your browser maximized, that will definitely have an affect, since web pages are not capable of being "fluid" in the vertical direction. I always maximize my browser windows, but that's just a little OCD tick of mine. I can't fucntion in a window that doesn't maximize to the screen :D

jessfriends

The new "Hide Thumbnail" tweak should fix the problem, at least on your 1080 machine. I'm 1280x1024 on my monitors here at home, and after the feature was added, while the page DID refresh, it didn't have to shift the page up because the main photo was already in the viewing area.

But yes, if you don't have your browser maximized, that will definitely have an affect, since web pages are not capable of being "fluid" in the vertical direction. I always maximize my browser windows, but that's just a little OCD tick of mine. I can't fucntion in a window that doesn't maximize to the screen :D

I did hide the thumbnails on my laptop and I still had the problem but I now see half of the picture verses just the very top or none of the picture.

On my office screen hiding the thumbnails does work for me (resolution 1440 x 900).

devoy1701

Original Poster
@wdwmagic

Steve,

I really like that the Latest News is now available on the right side of the Forums Screen! Great work! Saves me from flipping back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom