Hollywoodland for Disneyland (which supposed to be opened in 1999) (WIP)

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
In 1990, after Disney-MGM Studios opened and during Disneyland's 35th anniversary, Michael Eisner tries using his dreams for Disney Decade for his future projects such as WESTCOT, DisneySea, Tomorrowland 2055, The Little Mermaid dark ride, Jim Henson's deal to have Muppets to be part of Disney,
Disney's America, etc...but Disneyland needs a new land for expansion next to Main Street USA, called Hollywoodland, which it supposed to have clones from Disney-MGM Studios such as The Great Movie Ride and Superstar Television, but this new land supposed to have new attractions: Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers, Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride and Toontown Transit. But this land was been cancelled along with Disney Decade projects due to Euro Disneyland's failed problems. What if Hollywoodland actually opened in 1999 at Disneyland which Disney Decade is still happening as Euro Disneyland was been most success.

Here is the list for the opening day:
The Great Movie Ride
Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers
Superstar Television
Monsters Sound Show
Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride
Toontown Transit

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I like that Eisner fella, he actually built things. Unlike Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber.
I'm expecting The Great Movie Ride will have new scenes like Titanic, Star Wars, Gone With The Wind, etc...
Toontown Transit's simulator building will be themed to Union Station based on 1940s Los Angeles.
A small mini Maroon Studios themed area featuring Baby Herman attraction.
Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers will be opened in 1996 before Hollywoodland opening in 1994 as Phase 1. Phase 2 will be Hollywoodland.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That is a great idea, those movies would fit in nicely with GMR. Plus they are vastly more relevant than some of the movies actually used in the attraction.
Here is the concept for the land:
Great Movie Ride, The - D23
Davelandblog: Hollywoodland: What Happened?
Toontown Transit simulator concept art | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney  World discussion forums
Disney MGM Studios - The Dick Tracy Crime Stoppers attraction that never  was - MiceChat
A 'Hollywood' Classic: SuperStar Television | Disney Parks Blog
2719 HYPERION: Lost Imagineering: Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride

Extinct Disney » The Monster Sound Show

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

MickeyMouse10

You could always make your own variations on the Great Movie Ride, to make it fit better with Disneyland. I did one one time where Roger Rabbit, Dick Tracy and Hocus Pocus were shown.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You could always make your own variations on the Great Movie Ride, to make it fit better with Disneyland. I did one one time where Roger Rabbit, Dick Tracy and Hocus Pocus were shown.
I found this Toontown Transit for simulator attraction at Hollywoodland in Disneyland concept artwork somewhere in the internet which this scene where we will meet Roger Rabbit in firefighter suit while riding a firetruck to the fireworks factory to save his wife, Jessica Rabbit after getting escaped from Monstro the Whale in Toon River scene.
11.25-Roger-Rabbits-Car-Toon-Spin-ride-concept-drawing-by-Daan-Jippes.jpg

MickeyMouse10

I found this Toontown Transit for simulator attraction at Hollywoodland in Disneyland concept artwork somewhere in the internet which this scene where we will meet Roger Rabbit in firefighter suit while riding a firetruck to the fireworks factory to save his wife, Jessica Rabbit after getting escaped from Monstro the Whale in Toon River scene.

Great find, I've never seen this one before.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It would have been great as a land as well. They could have easily changed Streets of America (at DHS) into a Roger Rabbit section.

Actually this is Toontown Transit simulator concept artwork, not a themed land. I can see both Disney and non-Disney characters make their cameos during the ride.

MickeyMouse10

Actually this is Toontown Transit simulator concept artwork, not a themed land. I can see both Disney and non-Disney characters make their cameos during the ride.

LOL, I know. I'm saying it would have been good as a land as well.

It could have had 3 attractions and 3 food establishments (a table, a quick and a bar).

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
LOL, I know. I'm saying it would have been good as a land as well.

It could have had 3 attractions and 3 food establishments (a table, a quick and a bar).
What attractions and foods will have for the land?

Also, this is Hollywoodland for Disneyland project, not whole Roger Rabbit land. The land is supposed to have some clones from DHS, and a few new attractions such as Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers, Toontown Transit and Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride.

MickeyMouse10

What attractions and foods will have for the land?

I'm actually doing a similar version for Hollywood Adventure. So I don't want to let people know yet though, I want it to be a surprise.

I'll let you take this one my buddy. Besides your more of a roger rabbit expert than me. So your more perfect for the job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom