Hogsmeade Hotel

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
I doubt I'm the first person who's thought of this, but...I think that Universal would be very smart to build a Hogwarts-themed hotel. I think the public would go nuts. Imagine a hotel that looks like it belongs in Hogsmeade - very gothic and quirky - and, when guests book it, they get a letter saying that they've been accepted to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and, due to capacity issues, will be issued lodgings at the Hogsmeade Hotel. When the guests arrive at the hotel, they're "sorted" and given rooms themed to the various Houses. If the guest doesn't want, say, the Slytherin room, they can change it IF rooms decorated in their preferred house colors are available. (I don't think any guest would really make a fuss about any of that. The House Room they're placed in would be just a matter of decor, not perks, etc.). The Cast Members could be dressed as wizards, witches and Hogwarts prefects, etc. And there could be cool effects scattered throughout the hotel.

I think those rooms would go like hot cakes. I'd book a room myself, no question, even though I'm not a rabid Potter fan (the movies are much better than the books IMO). This would kick the Galactic Starcruiser's butt, especially if it were more affordable. Get on it, Universal!

Andrew25

I doubt I'm the first person who's thought of this, but...I think that Universal would be very smart to build a Hogwarts-themed hotel. I think the public would go nuts. Imagine a hotel that looks like it belongs in Hogsmeade - very gothic and quirky - and, when guests book it, they get a letter saying that they've been accepted to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and, due to capacity issues, will be issued lodgings at the Hogsmeade Hotel. When the guests arrive at the hotel, they're "sorted" and given rooms themed to the various Houses. If the guest doesn't want, say, the Slytherin room, they can change it IF rooms decorated in their preferred house colors are available. (I don't think any guest would really make a fuss about any of that. The House Room they're placed in would be just a matter of decor, not perks, etc.). The Cast Members could be dressed as wizards, witches and Hogwarts prefects, etc. And there could be cool effects scattered throughout the hotel.

I think those rooms would go like hot cakes. I'd book a room myself, no question, even though I'm not a rabid Potter fan (the movies are much better than the books IMO). This would kick the Galactic Starcruiser's butt, especially if it were more affordable. Get on it, Universal!

Always thought an immersive Harry Potter hotel where the Sinbad theater plot is could do very well. No need for Starcruiser's hour by hour scheduled events, but just enforce a check-in/arrival time so you can pull off a sorting hat ceremony for new guests coming in each night.

I think immersive hotels should immerse you in the environment, not necessarily focus on story elements.

kimberlymautz

My cousin and I were just talking about something similar. If Universal opened a Harry Potter Themed Hotel or Resort they'd have SO MANY OPTIONS. They could make a resort with what looks like Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley plus a larger Hotel portion resembling Hogwarts.
The Hogsmeade/Diagon Alley like locations could be townhouses for larger families or could be split between first/second floor for smaller ones and then just decorated to look like they belong in those locations.
For those staying in the Hogwarts Hotel (what I've lovingly referred to it as) at check in the families are sorted into their houses - which they could either choose at booking or they could choose to be surprised and find out then. The great hall would be the food court (obviously) and there could be different "classes" that could either be included or an additional cost. Each House would have their own common room and from there the rooms would branch off, or hallways to the rooms.
People could also choose to be as immersed as they want. If they want to feel like they're actually living in Hogwarts they could have a certain package that gives them classes and such. They could get their wands from Olivander's and have them work on certain things too.

Tons of cool ideas.

choco choco

Why would the hotel be something in Hogsmeade? Why wouldn't it just be Hogwarts itself?

"We are staying in Hogwarts" sums up about 90% of the appeal of the entire franchise.

ToTBellHop

Hogwarts isn’t a hotel. I don’t see Rowling allowing it to become one. An expanded Three Broomsticks or Leaky Cauldron? Perhaps. The former could theoretically include an underground passage to some extra spaces in an “expanded” Hogwarts. It’s never clear where Gregory the Smarmy’s passage leads to, so it could work.

Or, I guess a Vanishing Cabinet, but it is hard to allow a big crowd through those.

Neither could be in the actual lands, though. No room. Perhaps Epic Universe saved some space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom