Hockey Fans....

spagofreep

Original Poster
I know that this is a Disney forum however I just needed to acknowledge the passing of Hockey legend Herb Brooks.

In case you dont know who Herb Brooks was he was the coach of the 1980 Miracle on Ice olympic hockey team. They won what is arguably the greatest game of any sport all time, against the Russians.

He was an innovator, a great motivator and a great man.

Thank you so much for bringing so much to hockey fans all over the world and for teaching so many the game that we love.

God Bless you and your family Herb, you are already missed.

wizard12

I heard about this earlier today. It is truly sad. While I wasn't around for the 1980 win, I know it's a huge thing for you guys. It has been a tragic summer for hockey this year. 4 deaths...

PhotoDave219

Its truly a sad day for hockey and professional sports.

The man took 22 college and amature kids and put together a team that shocked the world, played David to the Goliath of the Soviet Union (and went on to beat Finland for the gold) and gave confidence back to America.

God Bless America. God Bless Herbie Brooks.

Wckd Queen

They broke in with a bullietn about his passing on the radio on my way home from work tonite :(

I had met Herb Brooks years ago, after the 1980 Miracle on Ice, when he was coaching the NY Rangers (along with a couple of his players from that amazing team). He was a quiet man, very unassuming. From the look of him, you would never have guessed that inside he was a hockey genius.

Its a great loss for USA Hockey. Somewhere, though, Herb Brooks has joined the late, great Badger Bob Johnson (1980 US center Mark Johnsons father) and its a great day for hockey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom