HM make over to HMH????

Jerm

Original Poster
Hey all,
I know it is never to early to start a good rumor flying around, so here goes. I heard at DL's Haunted Mansion Holiday party last year they were going to make over both TDL and MK's HM with Jack and pals??? Has anyone heard anything about this? I know it is still a while off but they will have to go in and figure out some of the changes for the HM in MK soon to get it all ready for Oct.

2 cents is better then none,
J

BRER STITCH

YEP!

Definitely heard this too....but can't rememeber where! :veryconfu

I recall the article I read was about how relatively easy (and cheap) the changes were to make and how popular the idea is.

It got such positive repsonse in California, that I know I read they were getting it set for WDW too.

I was fortunate to experience it in DL last year and it's really GREAT!

For those of you who DON'T KNOW JACK....you'll be pleasantly surprised!!!

:lol:

RogueHabit

That'll be a big YAY from my famly as we're aiming to hold our vacation back until October so we can go for Halloween. :sohappy:

JLW11Hi

I know this is probably the 86th post I've made regarding this (I cant help it!), but HMH is great! I love the original ride and all, but with the Christmas additions added complementing (instead of replacing) the original ride's story, characters, and effects, I'd almost have to say its better than the original!

This ride got me interested in the Nightmare Before Christmas, too. I just bought it and I love it! I guess I'm just into that style of movie (Tim Burton :))

ISTCrew20

The WDW hm will NOT be getting this makeover for many reasons--1)NBC isnt as popular in FL as it is in cali
2)The HMH at DL has already been anounced since last year---if the wdw mansion was to have it this year, they would have already announced it
3)the parks are doing real bad now---hey are not gonna spend money they dont need too

Dizknee_Phreek

room1313, i know you're new here and i don't want to start any trouble with ya or anything, but your post really doesn't make any sense at all. for one thing, i've never heard of any movie being more popular in one state than in another...in particular, NBC. secondly, Star Wars Weekends is just a few short months away, and they STILL have not officially announced most of the celebrities that will be there. besides, if they can put up the Osborne lights in like 3 months, they can redo HM, easy! just because they haven't announced anything means nothing. and thirdly, yes, the parks are in a slump...the whole economy is in a slump...but how do you think they're going to get out of that? by spending money to bring new things to the guests so they will continue to make return visits. to do this, they gotta go out on a limb sometimes with their money...sometimes it's risky, sometimes it's not. think about it though, if Walt wasn't willing to spend more money than he needed to (slump or no slump) there would be no Disney theme parks of any kind! besides, even with the economy like it is, i'm sure Disney has the extra dough to bring HMH to WDW.

ISTCrew20

Well, well, well. We hve a debate going on. Let my clearify what i was trying to saY

NBC, for one is not as popular as it is in cali, hence,the bobbleheads that have been sitting on the shelfs at mgm forever and why they cant keep them in stock at DL. They do they HMH makeover at DL, in part for the 550,000 APS, who dont want the same experience when they come to the parks. All of the WDW resort is aimed toward families, and not te weekend trip down the innerstate tourist. If you go to doombuggies.com---go to the message board, and just look, they explain it in MUCH MORE detail.

by the way, the 999 happy haunts event has already been planned fOr halloween this year at the HM

noname70

2 reasons why HMH should (or will) be in FLA this year. Consider me a traditionalist AND I don't like the NBC film.
However, I rode the HMH in october and it was terrific. It was a breath of fresh air (wait till you see the neon pumpkins and giant Jack). I got right back in line. The entire park in CA was filled w/Gothic types wandering aroung like they've never been there before (new clientel $).
This inexpensive makeover appeals to traditionalists, newcomers, and those looking for change. It is a can't miss and that's why WDW will do it.:xmas:

ISTCrew20

Goths (sorry to classify you guys) are a very small minority here in Orlando. Sorry to tell you guys this, but it is just not gonna happen this year---i heard it will eventually run in Orlando, but after the 5 yr run in cali

ok room1313 personaly i think our just trying to cause trouble.
I think you should just be positive.

I thinkt this would make and great addition to the park. Ill most likely will be there around x-mas time so ill be able to see it then. if anyword comes out ill be sure to find it here.

MKCustodial

This rumor has been started twice or three times before, always around the holidays. If it was really coming this time, one of our CM members definately would've mentioned something.

Personally (as in my opinion), I hope it stays as a rumor. I don't like NBC, I don't see what's the fuss about that thing, I think it's totally not-Disney, and I love HM just the way it is.

ISTCrew20

Explain to me how im being negative Im just stating a well known fact. We otta bring this post back around Hallowe and you all will see im right. Im one of the biggest HM you'll ever find. First off--its not gonna work in Orlando. The WDW HM has about 4 more rooms than DL, and if they did it Orlando, It would cost more to scare those rooms----If this happens this year, i will pay for y'all (yeah right) to come down to WDW and i will wear a dress all day

kennyj29

HMH

I think it would be great in Orlando!!! I also think a lot more guests would go to see that because it's different. I love the HM just the way it is but it's only for a couple of months so what's the difference? Go for it, I say and never say never!!!!

Justin

I like the Haunted Mansions as they are so far.... I dunno why it just seems classical or something?

A little bit of some changes couldn't hurt though i guess, just keep it heavily themed. :D

Chernabog

I don't think room1313 is being negative at all. From the way I see it, it appears as if some people are just angry to hear that it won't be at WDW this year. CM's have been talking about it here isnce they started it in DL. I don't know the reasons why they won't do it this year, but I agree that if they haven't announced something like this just yet it MAY not be happening. I do think that it will happen eventually but not this year. There are already too many other projects going on and funds are not quite where they should be. I would love to see HMH but sadly I don't think it'll be soon here. Of course, I could be wrong. There is a press event on April 21...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom