Highschool Musical news

Mecha Figment

Original Poster
just thought you guys would like to know, there is a good chance a version of Highschool Muiscal is comming to the tomorrowland theater.

metscool

What? that would be so cool. I could be like Rent. But the other way around. I would love to see how they could do something like that movie.

Chape19714

I was hoping for the ABC stage at MGM, but hey, one unused theatre is as good as the next. I welcome anything that would make good use of an otherwise little-used theatre. HSM is probally a very good decision, considering the popularity of the movie.

stof911

you know they could revamp the theater where huchback (may it rest in peace, an attraction that shouldnt have gone away, should have taken the place of beauty and the beast dang boring attraction that none of the animated characters move their mouths) sorry about the rant. but anyway, that would be great for that show

RonAnnArbor

I don't think the theatre in tomorrowland has anything to do with tomorrow, and as far as I can recall, it never has -- it tends to be used for generic entertainment...

That being said, I can't think of a worse place for any type of standard outdoor show - it constantnly noisy there, the Wedway passes over all day long with people talking, and the noise from the Orbitron and courtyard there makes hearing anything inside that (very small) ampatheatre relatively inpractical.

NOW -- I will be another to chime in that I absolutely don't get the hype around the show -- I know teens love it, but I could barely make it through a sitting of it on DVD, and I am a musical theatre director. I Don't get it either, but if it gets young folks enthused about musical theatre, so be it.

However, I don't know if this rumor is in any way substantiated - and at a least not in that space. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this one to happen.

metscool

se8472 said:
I watched that movie...and still don't get the hype around it.

Oh well.
It basically shows that high school is a hard place for kids and there are things that kids don't want to tell their friends to make them hate them. In high school there are groups of kids that don't talk to each other.

frankd1962

I work at a retail store and in the electronics departemtn. I got asked about the movie's soundtrack before they released it and then the dvd. When it came out I had it on our Wall of TVs. The music gets to you and becomes almost like the iasw song.

I could see it almost anywhere but Tomorrowland. MGM might be a good place for it. Especially inside of a studio.

Epcot82Guy

wow. we need to chat with some placement people if this is true. Not only is this poorly placed in TL, I agree that there are TONS of MGM locations that would be great for this type of show. It would help boost some areas that are lagging in that park (although, granted, MGM does have a lot of shows already).

I still wish they would divide MGM into areas related to Disney production, including a TV section that can utilize Disney Channel and ABC materials.

I know its hard to see whats so special about HSM. I didn't get it either... but I run a day care/ summer camp program for 6-12 yr olds and when they start to get :goodnevil "cranky" :goodnevil for any reason, we pop in that soundtrack and... all calm breaks loose!!! :lookaroun It's scary! And they all (boys and girls age 6-12) agree on a love of that movie and know every word to every one of those songs!!

The question shouldn't be WHY HSM, it should be WHY NOT MORE like HSM??? Why haven't they brought back shows like Mickey Mouse Club?!? Kids are different then they used to be.... more "sophisticated" if you will... Disney needs to cater to them with more live action style shows/movies and revamp the animation to include better music that the kids can relate too (and I'm not talking Barney style music). My question is.... why haven't they brought back Mickey Mouse Club?!?

bhg469 said:
The hotties of the future?

Yeah, Ashley Tisdale.................. wait, what was I saying?

Oh yeah, MGM I could totally see... It would at least have a connection to the Hollywood thing and be a nice boost to attendance. Tomorrowland, sorry, can't see it.

bluejayx

as i read this the song where all in the together is playing in my head.
And i would rather see this show in Disney-MGM then the Magic Kingdom

Epcot82Guy

I just think this could be a very cool interactive show. Get people up on stage, have the gym set recreated, and do something bigger. Perhaps, though, the TL stage is merely a test run to see how reaction goes. I would just be afraid this would lag after a while. I do agree, though, that kids get into this type of entertainment, so an interactive dance/song show would do well and could, if need be, take on a different theme.

yensidtlaw1969

Austin1 said:
Remind me again how that has anything to do with Tomorrowland?:veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu
Duh, it's so simple!

You see, High School Musical is a DCOM (Disney Channel Original Movie). Another DCOM was the Cheetah Girls. The Cheetah Girls was also a very successful movie. In fact, it was so successful that it merited a sequel (another connection to HSM, which I believe has a sequel in the works). This sequel (the aptly named "Cheetah Girls 2") was directed by Kenny Ortega, who also directed High School Musical. In the Cheetah Girls, one of the main characters is played by Raven Symone. Raven became famous with her role as Olivia in the Cosby Show. She has grown up since then, and has also starred in other things, such as her own Disney Channel show, "That's So Raven". In this show Raven plays a phychic teen who has spontaneous visions of the future. Some of these visions show what will happen in a couple seconds, a couple years, a couple days, sometimes Tomorrow. Now, since it's called Tomorrowland, High School Musical makes perect sense in it.

Thank you.

Yensid " . . . :lookaroun " tlaw1969

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom