High School Band Parades down Main Street

Mandy M.

Original Poster
Hello all, My daughter's high school band from Salem, NH is playing over the Christmas break in Magic Kingdom during a parade. We have never done anything like this before and I am beyond excited because I'm obsessed with WDW and we sacrifice a lot to be able to go every summer. She grew up in WDW and to be able to see her march down Main Street is almost like a magical dream for me. My question is will there be a special parade for visiting marching bands and what are these called? Where do they wait to begin and how many bands do this? Really any info on these kind of events would be appreciated. I'm going down for three days solo as a gift from my amazing husband who has to work that week.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Typically visiting bands are featured as part of a pre-parade before the afternoon parade. During the Christmas break they typically do the Christmas parade twice each afternoon with different pre-parade bands feature before each performance of the parade.

The parade staging location is backstage behind Splash Mountain and the parade begins from that entrance right alongside Splash. The bands follow the normal parade route through Frontierland, down into the hub and down MSUSA.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

I did this my Junior year of HS a zillion years ago and it was so much fun! I know I am not offering any advice, but it really is a great time and I took away a lot memories. I am sure you and your daughter will, too. It's really a unique way to experience WDW. :)

Zipadeelady

That's so exciting!! My daughter and son will be going next December with their band. They won't be in a parade but they go behind the scene's at Epcot and record some music pieces then I'm not sure what happens after that.

Make sure you post about her and your experience!!

JIMINYCR

WOOOW.... What a thrill and memory of a lifetime to be able to watch your child perform at WDW and march down Main Street. Hope you get a great spot to get some amazing photos. Maybe one day she will get to perform regularly as a CM. Have a great trip.

Mandy M.

Original Poster
Typically visiting bands are featured as part of a pre-parade before the afternoon parade. During the Christmas break they typically do the Christmas parade twice each afternoon with different pre-parade bands feature before each performance of the parade.

The parade staging location is backstage behind Splash Mountain and the parade begins from that entrance right alongside Splash. The bands follow the normal parade route through Frontierland, down into the hub and down MSUSA.

Thanks! That helps a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom