Higdon....Intermidiate 2 vs Dopey

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I am not sure when Higdon released an actual seperate training plan for Dopey?

It may have been years ago, but I just never noticed.

Intermidiate 2 was always my default Goofy/Dopey training plan.

I am 5 weeks into Dopey training and just saw the Higdon Dopey training schedule.....OMG it is so much more relaxed.

Intermediate 2 features way more long runs, even three 20 milers.

Is anyone doing or have you done the Higdon Dopey training? I am considering switching mid stream to it.

Texas84

I am not sure when Higdon released an actual seperate training plan for Dopey?

It may have been years ago, but I just never noticed.

Intermidiate 2 was always my default Goofy/Dopey training plan.

I am 5 weeks into Dopey training and just saw the Higdon Dopey training schedule.....OMG it is so much more relaxed.

Intermediate 2 features way more long runs, even three 20 milers.

Is anyone doing or have you done the Higdon Dopey training? I am considering switching mid stream to it.
I first used Higdon Dopey in 2015 and it has worked great for me. I have 6-16 this weekend. For my solo marathons I used Higdon Novice 2 so I can't compare to the Intermediates.

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I first used Higdon Dopey in 2015 and it has worked great for me. I have 6-16 this weekend. For my solo marathons I used Higdon Novice 2 so I can't compare to the Intermediates.

Great thank you, I will stick with it, as Intermidiate 2 is brutal, and at age 50.....I do not want to do three 20 mile training runs.

But wait am I off? I did the 15 last weekend, is it not a cross weekend?

Last edited:

Texas84

Great thank you, I will stick with it, as Intermidiate 2 is brutal, and at age 50.....I do not want to do three 20 mile training runs.

But wait am I off? I did the 15 last weekend, is it not a cross weekend?
I might be off because of Wine & Dine or that golf tournament I just played in. I had to make an adjustment because of those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom