Hidden Mickey's

Walt Disney1955

It will be fun for the KIDS to look for.........:lookaroun

No seriously, I found so much joy and mystique looking for them myself. But the best books for this are entitled "Hidden Mickeys of Disney World"

check it out and even bring it along with you while you're there

ob1thx1138

We bought this on our first trip this last summer while touring world showcase. It really engaged the kids (16 and 8 at the time) and gave the wife and I plenty of time to linger in the shops without the kids begging to move on. Many times we were waiting on them to find that last hidden mickey.

DizneyPryncess

Definitely get the book - it's on it's 4th edition, so make sure you get the most up to date ones since the Mickey's change all the time. If you find your own Mickey that isn't in the book, write it down in the notes section & submit it to the book's website when you get home. I submitted a few & got my name in front of the book (along with thousands of others, haha.)

It's a lot of fun, and what got me started loving Disney many years ago!

plaz10

I don't like going off the books as much...it's fun to find random ones on your own! I love to point them out to my boyfriend...then he will mock me by pointing to something obvious with mickey on it (like Mickey on top of Philharmagic) and go "oh...hidden mickey, yup you didnt even see it." :lol: Gotta love him! (Mickey i mean....the boyfriend too I guess...)

Bri1121

Original Poster
I don't like going off the books as much...it's fun to find random ones on your own! I love to point them out to my boyfriend...then he will mock me by pointing to something obvious with mickey on it (like Mickey on top of Philharmagic) and go "oh...hidden mickey, yup you didnt even see it." :lol: Gotta love him! (Mickey i mean....the boyfriend too I guess...)

Hahaha!!! :D

Alexx

You can't .. they're hidden:lookaroun

No but seriously though there's books and an iphone app OR you could just stroll around the parks and look for them without any help and see what you find.

stratman50th

I'm going to make a blasphemous statement here so be forewarned:
After going every year, my daughter and I were actually starting to get bored. We did all the stuff we normally did, but it didn't get the spark going. Then we started the hidden Mickey hunt and everything got exciting again. Picture if you will interactive queues before they had interactive queues!:D
We bought the book too, and I think we got everything in there (don't know what edition it is, or even which book as I'm at work now).
We still do it all the time now, even at home:hammer:
Just be to let you know though, you will start to see hidden Mickeys everywhere even if they aren't real. Some will even be quite a stretch but you will swear it really is one.
Enjoy your search, it's a blast!

juniorthomas

The first thing I'd recommend is to scour the internet. Some sights describe what to look for and some flickr pages show them (which kind of ruins the fun, but obviously helps you track them down).

So start there and then move to the books. You shouldn't have to spend money to find what's already out there in forums and on Disney pages!

JIMINYCR

Years ago when we started Mickey hunting, we inquired at our resort counter about hidden Mickeys and we were given a sheet that listed some clues to get us started. I don't know if they still do this or not.
Also the new Disney magazine "Celebrations" that came out a couple of years ago has a feature article in each issue written by Steve Barrett that lists hidden mickeys along with photos.

Bri1121

Original Poster
I can't believe we never did this before! My kids are slightly older so I think this is a good time to start anyway! I think we will just get the book to be able to have something to look at when we are waiting in lines! Thought this might keep them entertained a bit!!

Thanks everyone!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom