Hidden Cameras in Typhoon Lagoon?

jt04

About an hour ago, WESH 2 News announced that Disney is planning to now add hidden cameras around the wave pool in the recent light of the molestation attacks. It will now be more monitored and more efficiently handled than eyewitness accounts.
Sorry that it isn't more info. I can't seem to find anything else on it...

Makes perfect sense. I would have thought they would have had them there from day 1 for safety/security.

828tnt

i'm really glad to hear this! there needs to be more security looking to protect disney and its guests. it's a shame that this will come off as being reactionary and not preemptive.

disney could use a few more cameras just about everywhere on property. it could provide invaluable info in many occurrences. just to mention the most recent few accidents on property.......

god bless austin...... god bless kiddo

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Complete at utter waste of time. Living in the land with the worlds highest percentage of CCTV surveillance I think you will find that statistically it doesnt reduce crime or improve conviction rates.

However as a token gesture in guest reassurance it ranks alongside the bag check and is equally useful. But no doubt it will count somewhere down the line if it happens again and may reduce a pay out in the almost guaranteed law suit that would happen.

Oh and who will be monitoring the cameras? I hope that no one of a voyeuristic naure will be employed to watch all those nubiles in swim suits.

WishIwasThere

Complete at utter waste of time. Living in the land with the worlds highest percentage of CCTV surveillance I think you will find that statistically it doesnt reduce crime or improve conviction rates.

That is true...Anytime you hear of abductions and such...It always seems to be captured on video in the UK...I guess big brother is watching (Wells was right).

RSoxNo1

However as a token gesture in guest reassurance it ranks alongside the bag check and is equally useful. But no doubt it will count somewhere down the line if it happens again and may reduce a pay out in the almost guaranteed law suit that would happen.

Oh and who will be monitoring the cameras? I hope that no one of a voyeuristic naure will be employed to watch all those nubiles in swim suits.

I would say cameras are a notch above the bag check in terms of actual security, but otherwise I agree with your assertions. This is more to placate guests in light of a lot of negative news about Disney these past few weeks.

Space Mountain

Typhoon Lagoon already has cameras located around the park.

Base Operations, a tiny little room in a back trailer has control over these cameras located around the park. They are there mostly to watch the Slide Operators and Lifeguards. (Mostly because they do not trust their capabilities, as the cameras are frequently used to monitor performance.) Most cameras can be seen on poles; one at each attraction in the Dispatch area only. The only exception is that Gangplank Falls also has a camera at the Unload area. Crush n gusher (cameras only to monitor slide vallies), Shark Reef, Catchakiddie Creek, and the lazy river do not have cameras installed. These cameras are very powerful and the camera located above the wave pool can reach Singapore Sals (if trees were not in the way) and be able to produce a very clear color image of guests.

Thelazer

I don't see this really doing much.

Kinda creepy to think that, now someone is going to be zooming in on you while your in the wave pool to see "what" you might be doing. Lord help us, if lets say they catch two teens making out or holding hands? Will the local chastity police be called in to arrest them?

Maybe I'll pass on the water parks.

BTW- There is a new theory as to why this is all occurring so frequently now. It involves the use of "discounting" or "free promotions" that might tend to attract those who are on the fringes of society and would not normally visit WDW.

ImaYoyo

Yep
Typhoon Lagoon already has cameras located around the park.

Base Operations, a tiny little room in a back trailer has control over these cameras located around the park. They are there mostly to watch the Slide Operators and Lifeguards. (Mostly because they do not trust their capabilities, as the cameras are frequently used to monitor performance.) Most cameras can be seen on poles; one at each attraction in the Dispatch area only. The only exception is that Gangplank Falls also has a camera at the Unload area. Crush n gusher (cameras only to monitor slide vallies), Shark Reef, Catchakiddie Creek, and the lazy river do not have cameras installed. These cameras are very powerful and the camera located above the wave pool can reach Singapore Sals (if trees were not in the way) and be able to produce a very clear color image of guests.

Bluewaves

Trust me cameras can help a lot if someone is watching them, especially if its private security type situation, doing private security myself at a amusement park they are greatly helpful and then you have evidence that can't be disputed either.

Witness have a tendency to forget things, where its hard for the video tape to do that.

With that being said cameras are a good aid not a replacement for security/ law enforcement.

CastleBound

well I would think they should not make them so hidden. These event may still occur if people don't know they are being watched. but if they see cameras located all around they may be less inclined to do these things. Either way, this helps!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't see this really doing much.

Kinda creepy to think that, now someone is going to be zooming in on you while your in the wave pool to see "what" you might be doing. Lord help us, if lets say they catch two teens making out or holding hands? Will the local chastity police be called in to arrest them?

Maybe I'll pass on the water parks.

BTW- There is a new theory as to why this is all occurring so frequently now. It involves the use of "discounting" or "free promotions" that might tend to attract those who are on the fringes of society and would not normally visit WDW.

No matter where you go in public nowadays, you WILL be under surveillance.

Speaking of your theory. I wasn't aware of Disney discounting the water parks. Please provide examples.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom