Hi, I'm new here!

CobraBubbles

Original Poster
I'm a happily divorced mom of 2. My eldest just turned 18 and is on the autism spectrum; I have worked for years in public schools with students on the spectrum and it might be the best job ever!

My kids would rather go to the beach but I LOVE returning to my happy place and I can't wait until this stupid pandemic is over and we can go to WDW. I was feeling kind of sad about the current state of the world and sick of looking at the same four walls so I joined wdwmagic to help me in lifting my spirits by daydreaming and planning a future trip to WDW, whenever I finally feel like it is safe again, although I'm typically NOT a vacation planner and I prefer to wing it while on vacation. I'm going to talk about some of my favorite Disney things but my last WDW trip was 3 years ago so I haven't experienced the newest stuff and if Galaxy's Edge is as awesome as I think it is then some of these answers are subject to change:

Favorite land is Epcot because for whatever reason the Mexico pavillion makes me happy, even though it is way too far from the yummy pastries in France

Favorite classic ride is Pirates of the Caribbean

Favorite newer ride is Soarin'

Favorite non-ride attraction is a tie between Tom Sawyer Island and The Tiki Room

Favorite WDW snack is Dole Whip and salty Mickey Pretzel, preferably enjoyed together

Favorite Disney movie is The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit

Favorite Disney song is Belle, from the original animated Beauty and the Beast

Favorite Disney character is Stitch

My hobbies include hand sewing, crochet, loom and finger knitting (because I despise counting stitches), doing random crafty things as the mood strikes me, reading cozy mysteries, and for this last year of shut downs and quarantines I've developed a real interest in sitting on my ever-widening butt on my couch, eating ice cream and watching Netflix (my version of Netflix and chill 🤣). I like fishing but I'm not good at it. I will never turn down a slice of pizza. I love playing Minecraft with my kids and tend to like a variety of geeky stuff and I'm currently trying to shrink my butt back down at least to my pre-quarantine size but exercise is less of a hobby and more of a necessary evil; I am a couch potato at heart.

This seems like a nice board and I'm glad to be here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom