HHN "Chilling Extras" Worth It?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Looking at the options for things like Express Pass, R.I.P., Scareactor Meal, any opinions on these? Are they worth the extra $$?

TestTrack Dummy

Express Pass is a must if you are only there for 1 day during the peak times (most of October)

If you are getting a Frequent Fear Pass (recommended), then Express isn't necessary.

I've never done the R.I.P tours, but I've heard great things.

JoeCamel

If you want to be sure to see everything and only have one or two nights do the R.I.P tour rather than express. If you have two nights do the rip then express the next night. If you are going 7+ nights then you don't need either but I always get express as I won't wait in 45 - 60 minute lines for anything. If you are a fan of the set design and story of the houses/construction then do the lights on tour where you see 4 - 5 houses during the day and have a guide to let you in on all the nods to other houses/films/details.
I have done the dining and liked it, very eerie atmosphere and lots of scareactors circulating while you eat posing for photos with you. Thought it was worth it.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I got the BOGO ticket offer so I will be going to for two nights. Express for the first night I'm going would be $110 and then $80 for the second. RIP is $200 for either night.

The Behind-the-Screams Tour sounds really cool and for sure something I'd like, but then I'd have to buy regular park admission too.

EDIT: Checked both the HHN and UNI websites and it says the daytime tour does not require regular park admission.

Last edited:

raven

RIP is definitely worth the price if you can only visit for a single night (and budget allows). You skip straight to the door of all of the houses (better than Express) and have a personal guide to answer all and ANY question you have about HHN or Universal. Once you’ve completed everything g they give you an Express pass for the remainder of the night if you want to visit any house again.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the feedback. :)

I've decided to do the Scareactor Dinner and EP, since together that's $70 less than RIP. No doubt the tour is the best way to do everything, and it would be fun to go with a group & guide, but I'm not sure if I want to do every house. At least with EP I'll save some time waiting and not have to stick to a strict schedule.

My plan for the first night is to get a general feel of the event (since I've never been and I am a scaredy cat) and then on the second night get there early (5:00pm Scareactor Dinner) and do what I want to the most.

I'm on the fence about the daytime tour. It looks cool, but it would cost $90-$140 and I'm not sure if I'll have the time.

JoeCamel

Thanks everyone for the feedback. :)

I've decided to do the Scareactor Dinner and EP, since together that's $70 less than RIP. No doubt the tour is the best way to do everything, and it would be fun to go with a group & guide, but I'm not sure if I want to do every house. At least with EP I'll save some time waiting and not have to stick to a strict schedule.

My plan for the first night is to get a general feel of the event (since I've never been and I am a scaredy cat) and then on the second night get there early (5:00pm Scareactor Dinner) and do what I want to the most.

I'm on the fence about the daytime tour. It looks cool, but it would cost $90-$140 and I'm not sure if I'll have the time.
If you will have daytime admission you can stay and scream the night you don't have the dining. The dining will let you out with the stay and scream so it gets you through a couple of houses before the front gates open. If you have day admission you go to a hold area while they set the park up then release you so you can get a couple of houses in before the front opens.

Once we get closer to the event check Orlando Informer's touring plans. They set you up for a successful event.

matt9112

If you want to be sure to see everything and only have one or two nights do the R.I.P tour rather than express. If you have two nights do the rip then express the next night. If you are going 7+ nights then you don't need either but I always get express as I won't wait in 45 - 60 minute lines for anything. If you are a fan of the set design and story of the houses/construction then do the lights on tour where you see 4 - 5 houses during the day and have a guide to let you in on all the nods to other houses/films/details.
I have done the dining and liked it, very eerie atmosphere and lots of scareactors circulating while you eat posing for photos with you. Thought it was worth it.

orlando informer says you can do all the houses once on a normal crowd day (non peak days) with no express as long as you are in as a day guest and get the head start in a holding pen

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
One final question before I go, are you allowed to exit the park and re-enter later in the night? I know Hollywood does not allow this, but I did not see the same rule posted to the Orlando site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom