here for one day.. tips?

fly2

Be arriving in orlando monday night around 8pm. Short visit leaving Wednesday at noon. Me and fiance went to disney halloween party recently, shes never been to the other parks. Was thinking of doing animal kingdom this time, but also noticed they have the extra hours from 9pm- midnight. Cant decide what to do! Magic kingdom has the extra hours from 10pm-1am monday night, but not sure if it would be worth it since we probably wouldn't get to the park till 9:30-10pm. Also magic kingdom is having the merry christmass celebration Tuesday night which we could attend, but would be the same park again that we've already went to for halloween. Also thought of the idea of epcot in the morning then go to animal kingdom at 7pm for the extra hours? Or animal kingdom morning then leave to disneys christmass celebration? Or just spend whole day at animal kingdom Tuesday. Any thoughts/advice appreciated!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
What rides are you most interested in? Or attractions? Figure that out first, and then you'd have a better idea how long you'd want to spend in each park

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Since shes never been to the other parks, I'm leaning towards the option of EP morning, AK evening plan. That gives her enough time to experience enough of 2 more parks and more of Disneys holiday decorations. Work through a good working plan of which attractions you want to target most, arrive early and arrange FP+ if you can. AK at night is wonderful.

Upvote 0

fly2

Original Poster
Since shes never been to the other parks, I'm leaning towards the option of EP morning, AK evening plan. That gives her enough time to experience enough of 2 more parks and more of Disneys holiday decorations. Work through a good working plan of which attractions you want to target most, arrive early and arrange FP+ if you can. AK at night is wonderful.
Thats what I'm starting to lean on. Also noticed epcot still has the food & Wine festival which could be fun! 9am to 7pm should be plenty of time to spend at epcot I would think. Sad the safari ride at animal kingdom will be closed by time we get to AK, but pandora at night with little to no wait at FOP would be fun!

Upvote 0
I would advise spending the morning at EP and heading to AK at night. While I obviously don't know your preferences, the age demographic that typically have fiances tend to prefer EP, particularly World Showcase––and for good reason. There isn't a whole lot about EP that's different at night as opposed to day, however AK is particularly beautiful at night, especially if you make it over to Pandora, which is a must-see.

Upvote 0

fly2

Original Poster
I would advise spending the morning at EP and heading to AK at night. While I obviously don't know your preferences, the age demographic that typically have fiances tend to prefer EP, particularly World Showcase––and for good reason. There isn't a whole lot about EP that's different at night as opposed to day, however AK is particularly beautiful at night, especially if you make it over to Pandora, which is a must-see.
Sounds good! Both in our 20s. Whats your thought on magic kingdom monday night? the extra magic hours is from 10pm-1am, our plane should arrive at orlando at 8pm, feel like that may be pushing it to get the moneys worth? Ive done it before and loved it, but was able to enter the park a few hours before the event started. Not sure how long it will take us to get out of the airport, to the hotel, then straight to the park.

Upvote 0
Sounds good! Both in our 20s. Whats your thought on magic kingdom monday night? the extra magic hours is from 10pm-1am, our plane should arrive at orlando at 8pm, feel like that may be pushing it to get the moneys worth? Ive done it before and loved it, but was able to enter the park a few hours before the event started. Not sure how long it will take us to get out of the airport, to the hotel, then straight to the park.
I do think that may be pushing it a little bit. First, there are a few factors to take into account. Where are you staying? If it's a Disney resort, then I would imagine you'd be taking Disney's Magical Express (DME) from the airport to your hotel. This is the fastest way to go from the plane to a park. Even if you take DME, your resort probably won't be the bus's first stop. But if you take another option (town car, cab, etc) then you'll have to check in before you can head to the parks. Either way, there are a lot of unknown factors affecting your timeline, which appears a bit short as is on Monday night. Basically, it could take a little while to get from the airport to MK, and I'm not 100% sure if its worth the rush just for a few hours. If you're staying in the MK area (on the MK monorail line), then that changes some things.

Also, are you planning on making rope drop the following morning? I know you'll only be there for a day or so, but not everyone is super fond of waking up early after a late night out, especially on vacation. Given how long you'll be there, I highly recommend rope drop.

Upvote 0

fly2

Original Poster
I do think that may be pushing it a little bit. First, there are a few factors to take into account. Where are you staying? If it's a Disney resort, then I would imagine you'd be taking Disney's Magical Express (DME) from the airport to your hotel. This is the fastest way to go from the plane to a park. Even if you take DME, your resort probably won't be the bus's first stop. But if you take another option (town car, cab, etc) then you'll have to check in before you can head to the parks. Either way, there are a lot of unknown factors affecting your timeline, which appears a bit short as is on Monday night. Basically, it could take a little while to get from the airport to MK, and I'm not 100% sure if its worth the rush just for a few hours. If you're staying in the MK area (on the MK monorail line), then that changes some things.

Also, are you planning on making rope drop the following morning? I know you'll only be there for a day or so, but not everyone is super fond of waking up early after a late night out, especially on vacation. Given how long you'll be there, I highly recommend rope drop.
Staying At the holiday inn in lake Buena vista, leaning towards just taking it easy and maybe eating somewhere nice in Disney springs. Planning on rope drop for Epcot morning then animal kingdom after hours

Upvote 0

fly2

Original Poster
well thought to do a followup! I ended up not doing the magic kingdom after hours, instead went to eat dinner at boma that night. I probably could have made it for the after hours if i wanted too, plane arrived at 7:45 pm and i was waiting for uber pickup at 8pm, got to boma by 8:26 . went to epcot for rope drop following day, was able to finish all the rides by 1pm, then ate around the world for the food and wine festival. Left at 6:30 for animal kingdoms after hours. Park was empty, FOP was walk-on. THey didnt make us watch the safety video for dinasour. All in all great visit!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom