Herbal Tablets

poohster

Original Poster
Am getting a little concerned now as to whether i sould take my herbal tablets with me to the US, ive mailed virgin and they say to carry on i will need a prescription, but they are not prescribed for me :( i just buy them for Holland and Barretts.

My worry if if i put them in my checked luggage they will see them on the x ray and ripe open my case and accuse me of drug smuggling :ROFLOL::rolleyes: :confused: :eek: and to top it all off my husband had a dream about my fear actualy happening :(

we fly thursday

mousermerf

Account Suspended
What are they for and what's in them?

I pulled up Holland and Barretts website, which looks pretty standard, so i assume they com in a well labeled bottle. It shouldn't be a problem. They dont wildly assume you're smuggling drugs, and if it's not drugs, the dogs wont care.

Now, if you usually use your medicine bag to stash your pot, but just wont be bringing it this trip, well, then you might have a problem.

poohster

Original Poster
lol, they are for my digestive system, I have bought a new bottle and left it sealed, contain things like bromelain, papaya enzyme and cellulose.

Ric&Ellesha

Hi we have just arrived home :cry: from florida and my wife took a small amount of her tablets (also herbal from holland and barrett for her digestive system) on board in her hand luggage so that she could use them on the plane, and placed the rest in her case we also had other 'herbal medication in our case.

we did not encounter any problems with either the flight home or the flight back and we did have a note in our case on the way home saying our case had been inspected but they did not remove anything.

hope this helps

poohster

Original Poster
how about that Ric&Ellesha, yes you helped a great deal has put my mind a ease a bit more now :).

Hope you had a good time, was the weather good to you as i understand its been raining a lot.:(

Ric&Ellesha

yes it did rain a lot but we still had a great time and the rain was only for a half hour or so at a time and we dried out about as quick as we got wet.

we never lock our case because they will only smash the lock off the case anyway if they want to inspect the bags, we just dont leave anything too valuable in the bags we take our cameras etc in hand luggage, touch wood we have never had anything taken.

Tigerdaly

WoW....................How many are you taking...:lol:
I don't think you will find the XRay boys too interested in a bottle of Holland and Barret tablets. They get quite excited when they find 10,000 sealed tablets on the scan but one bottle........................come on....de-stress.
I travel regularly to the US and believe me, my DW packs enough toiletries and medicines to open a Boots branch. We have never been stopped or questioned.
Happy Holiday's.........:wave:

Tigerdaly

:eek: didnt you lock your case then
When you travel Stateside you need to use a special lock on your cases.
They have the right to open and inspect you luggage at any time.:brick:
You need TSA approved locks.................this type allow them to unlock them without damaging them. They will relock them when they have finished rummaging.:)
If not they will break into them and leave a note.:ROFLOL:
I hope this info is of use to you, so late in your plans.
Happy Holidays:sohappy:

poohster

Original Poster
lol...............Tigerdaly im not taking that many just a bottle of 100 but i am a worrier i admit, only ever been to the states once before and that was 10yrs ago so im sure things have changed a little.

What locks do TSA approve :confused:

KingStefan

I don't know if it makes a difference with international travel versus domestic, but I just carried on 1000 St. John's Wort capsules in two plastic containers (one sealed and one not) from JFK to MCO and had no problem whatsoever. I had just picked them up before our flight at the last minute, and there was a 2-for-1 sale at the pharmacy, and I tossed them into one of our carry-ons without thinking about it.

And because we had switched from Neward Liberty International to JFK and were checking in the last minute (after a mad cab ride from one airport to the other - that's a story for another post!), we were singled out for a special security inspection, and they hand-inspected our carry-ons and gave the two adults complete body frisks. Nobody even questioned us about anything in our carry-ons. And I had some prescription drugs in there, too. It seems like they are mainly interested in liquids and sharp objects.

As I said, it might be different coming from the UK, but I had no problem.

Tigerdaly

lol...............Tigerdaly im not taking that many just a bottle of 100 but i am a worrier i admit, only ever been to the states once before and that was 10yrs ago so im sure things have changed a little.

What locks do TSA approve :confused:
If you go to any luggage type shop or wait until you are at the airport it will become clear.
A TSA approved lock is one with a barrel combination that the federal Airlines safety people will have a duplicate for.(in the USA)
When you buy some just make sure it say's TSA approved on its packaging.

fernix

Hi Phooster

We also fly to Orlando on Thursday from Manchester with Virgin @ 13.30. We may be neighbours on the flight!!

Have a great holiday!!:wave:

poohster

Original Poster
now way how about that fernix, but im afraid we wont be neighbours we fly at 10.25am, what hotel you staying in or you staying off site. You too have a great time :) hope the weather is good to us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom