helpful cast members

disneyfromvermo

Original Poster
My wife and I just got back from another great Disney vacation. However, I was left shaking my head regarding some of the cast members we interacted with on this most recent trip. First, let me say that the majority of cast members were great, as we have come to expect.

We had the best driver on the safari that we have ever had. We had a wonderful server at the 50's prime time. However, one particular issue arose in a few places. I was under the impression that a cast member was never supposed to say that they don't know (can't help you). I had heard that they had a number to call/or a radio to use if they did not know an answer. Well, we were kind of left standing a few different times. The first, was at the magic kingdom. I had heard of a sax quartet that performed in fantasy land. We asked three separate cast members where this group performed. Two of them said they had no idea and just turned away. The third, gave us incorrect info. I was surprised that you would work in a land with live entertainment and have no knowledge of it, much less to just turn away from a guest b/c you had no answer. We went through a similar situation in Epcot as well.

I was just wondering, is this experience odd? Has it happened to others? Also, was I misinformed that all cast members have a resource when they are asked a question to which they do not know the answer?

Again, I don't wish to pick on cast members. Overall, they do a great job but the repeated nature of this issue concerned me.

Captain Hank

All front-line CM's *should* have a list of important phone numbers and schedule of live entertainment--called a Tell-A-Cast--on them at all times. However, the darn things tend to disappear just as soon as you need them. You are correct, however, that the proper response to a Guest question is not "I don't know," but rather "Let me find out for you."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom