Help with personal items...

crowan

Original Poster
Me and my wife are planning to take our 6 and 8 year old children to WDW the week of Christmas.... This is our first trip and we would like to know what personal items that are allowed to be brought into the parks such as book bags, packs, and snacks..

:sohappy: yay 8 days before we leave :xmas:

Craig

Captain Hank

Rolling backpacks and large coolers (larger than would fit in a park locker) are not allowed. Book bags/ packs are fine. Just be aware that there are a few attractions, such as Rock 'n Rollercoaster, that do not have a storage space on the ride vehicle--in this case these items would need to be left with a non-riding member of the party.

Officially, outside food is also not allowed, though security rarely, if ever, enforces this rule.

mickey&me

Since my 7yo is diabetic, we must carry quite a bit of "stuff" with us all the time--medical supplies, insulin, fast-acting snacks. So when we went to WDW 12/5-12/11, we carried a backpack full of stuff. We were able to take it with us on every ride (Space Mountain, Rock n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Mission: Space, Soarin', Kali River Rapids) with no problem. Where there was no storage provided, we put the bag between our feet.

Your bags will be checked before entering the parks. Coolers and large bags are not permitted in the parks. I never saw them turn anyone away for carrying in food in small quantities, though.

One word of warning--unless there is a necessity for what you're carrying, remember that bags get heavy after all day at the park, and, unlike children, MUST be carried all the time ;)

reptar77

Call Disney and get the official ruling but I believe you can check in with first aid at the specific park you are going to, they will refrig your insulin for you. Other supplies you can carry or put in the lockers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom