Help with MDE settings?

Nij

Original Poster
Hi
Can anyone assist with setting up the MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE friends & family feature.
It seems that in adding my wife to my account as a new guest the system automatically sets her account as "managed by me"
It means she can't seem to edit her profile? ... Any ideas how I can change it back so she can be independent yet still maintain a connection with her as a pair?
Any help appreciated .. Merry Christmas all.
Nij

Betsyboo

I'm not sure I can help but did she set up an account before or after you set her up on yours? I'm sure someone will have the answer to your questions.

Nij

Original Poster
Thanks Betsyboo We pretty much registered at the same time .. I didn't try to add her to my friends profile until later though .. It's a puzzle!

JohnD

It is confusing. I'm going with my parents in April so added MDE accounts for them. Here is how to do it:

1. Add "friends and family" for each person your account. These are NOT profiles...yet. Just people you say are friends and family.

2. Create separate accounts for each friend and family with separate email addresses. Or have them create one.

3. Have the separate account(s) email a request to you. Or you email a request to them.

4. You accept the request and choose the friend and family to link to. (Or vice versa)

These are obviously "broad strokes" steps but the general idea here is that your wife's profile should be from a separate MDE account but she is linked as "friend and family"

Rob562

To expand on what JohnD posted:

-Go into your profile.
-On your Friends and Family list, click on the "Invite to Plan and Share" link next to the person's name.
-Enter the email address they use for their account.
-They'll get an invite email. Once they accept it, they'll have control over their own account, but you'll still be able to make plans for each other.

-Rob

Nij

Original Poster
Thanks both, I have sent the invitation hopefully that will help.
I will report back with progress
Regards Nij

Nij

Original Poster
Thanks for your help it looks as though that has solved the issue
A happy Mrs Nij now!
Best wishes
Nij

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom