Help with extra activities at WDW

JiminyandTink

Hello all,
I am going to WDW in late September with some first timers and their small kids and I was looking for something fun to book outside of just going to the parks and wanted your opinions.

While we go to WDW regularly, our family generally doesn't book anything outside of the parks (other than meals at other resorts and we've done MNSSHP).

We were considering the Wishes pontoon boat cruise or the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise, so I'd love to hear if you guys think that either of these are worthwhile. I'd also love to hear any other suggestions you have inside or outside of the parks (tours, meals, experiences of any kind).

Thanks!

melflip8

The Wishes Fireworks Cruise is amazing - I've only done it on the pontoon boats (was before Pirates and Pals was offered). If you have a group going I think the boats fit up to 10 so it's not too horrible across all the people. I do think that the Wishes cruise is better than the Epcot Illuminations cruise. :)

Upvote 0

Disney4family

The Pirate & Pals Wishes cruise is cute for little ones. My kids were too old for Patch the Pirate, but found it fun. There's food & drinks in the Contemporary. Kids can color and go on a scavenger hunt. A PhotoPass photographer is there to take your picture with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. They have sing-a-longs & trivia contests (with prizes for every child) on the boat. You see the Electric Water Pageant up close. Wishes is beautiful, of course. The best part was at the end. Peter Pan was waiting for us on the dock. To this day he was our most memorable meet & greet. Peter met with each and every guest for the longest time. He was absolutely outstanding.
Our only problem with the evening was the gnats. There were billions of them in August.

Upvote 0

Mandy M.

We're trying the Wishes Dessert Party for the first time when we go in August but some fun things I've done in the past are Cirque Du Soleil, mini-golfing, street performers, boat ride and ice cream at Boardwalk and the dinner shows (Hoop de doo and Spirit of Aloha).

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We enjoyed the Wishes cruise, it was worth the money we spent. We had a great CM piloting the boat, he gave us lots of Disney info, stories and kept us entertained as we moved into place to watch the show. Watching the fireworks from the water was a great experience.
We always arrange to see Cirque. The show is also worth the ticket price. Its a fun filled event with lots of amazing skill and acrobatic parts mixed with comedy routines.
You didnt say if you were going off property. Theres a lot of museums and shows around International drive. My family loved the Ripleys museum, Titanic show, Medieval Times, Wonderworks, and lots more to do just a short drive away.

Upvote 0

jrogue

I had tea at the Grand Floridan this past trip and it was great! I'd say book that if you can.

Also, I've always wanted to try archery at Fort Wilderness if they still have that!

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We loved the Pirate & Pals Cruise, it was one of our favorite non-park activities we've ever done. My 4 year old still says it was her favorite part of our trip. It's already been described perfectly above, I just wanted to throw in another opinion that it was a lot of fun and I think worth it!

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Depending on how old the kids are, La Nouba at Disney Springs might be a fun night out. My kids love seeing the Cirque du Soleil shows and have gone since they were fairly young.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom