Help with a Rock N Roller Coaster tattoo idea.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We all know eventually it will be rethemed so I want to combine my love for the attraction, Disney in general, and Aerosmith in general into a tattoo.

My idea is a stratocaster guitar silhouette (like the giant one outside of RNRC) and have wings coming out of the side of it (like Aerosmith logo wings) and in Disney font say "Love in a Roller Coaster" in reference to the part where Aerosmith sings that instead of "Love in an elevator".

Here is where I need the help...
My original thought was have the words be in a traditional tattoo style banner wrapping around the handle of the guitar.
But then I thought it could be cool to have the handle strings turn into a roller coaster track like the attraction area entrance and then have the words in that.
With that idea I'm just not sure how busy/cluttered it may look and that would also mean I need more detail in the guitar rather than just a silhouette.
Any thoughts on which one I should go with?

I like bright girlie colors so this will not be all black and I'll probably make the guitar two tone.

Here are a few of the reference photos I've found.
1624234070787.png
1624234119943.png
1624234159771.png
1624234196059.png

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This is an interesting selection to choose from (even though I don't have any tattoos).

The only selection hesitation I have is that the designs are so large in the post, and I'm trying to figure out how they'd look trimmed way down for a spot on your arm or leg (sometimes the placement is also a factor in size).

Anyway, I'm leaning toward the 3rd image, as it seems to encompass the main elements of the ride, and its a fun design. Again, it would depend upon how it would appear downsized, and where the tattoo was going to be placed. Just my two cents. :)

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
This is an interesting selection to choose from (even though I don't have any tattoos).

The only selection hesitation I have is that the designs are so large in the post, and I'm trying to figure out how they'd look trimmed way down for a spot on your arm or leg (sometimes the placement is also a factor in size).

Anyway, I'm leaning toward the 3rd image, as it seems to encompass the main elements of the ride, and its a fun design. Again, it would depend upon how it would appear downsized, and where the tattoo was going to be placed. Just my two cents. :)

See I'm looking to incorporate elements from those pics I know for sure I want a guitar with wings this is why I'm not sure how to accomplish the roller coaster track part without making it cluttered looking.
It cannot and would not be a small piece more like a medium sized piece that would likely encompass a large section of my upper arm or my thigh (those are my placement ideas anyways). When text is involved you need to have it large enough that the lines don't bleed over time.

The_Jobu

We all know eventually it will be rethemed so I want to combine my love for the attraction, Disney in general, and Aerosmith in general into a tattoo.

My idea is a stratocaster guitar silhouette (like the giant one outside of RNRC) and have wings coming out of the side of it (like Aerosmith logo wings) and in Disney font say "Love in a Roller Coaster" in reference to the part where Aerosmith sings that instead of "Love in an elevator".

Here is where I need the help...
My original thought was have the words be in a traditional tattoo style banner wrapping around the handle of the guitar.
But then I thought it could be cool to have the handle strings turn into a roller coaster track like the attraction area entrance and then have the words in that.
With that idea I'm just not sure how busy/cluttered it may look and that would also mean I need more detail in the guitar rather than just a silhouette.
Any thoughts on which one I should go with?

I like bright girlie colors so this will not be all black and I'll probably make the guitar two tone.

Here are a few of the reference photos I've found.
View attachment 564994
View attachment 564995
View attachment 564996
View attachment 564997

Have you tried bringing these ideas to a tattoo artist you trust? They probably have experience collecting different ideas into one good one.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Have you tried bringing these ideas to a tattoo artist you trust? They probably have experience collecting different ideas into one good one.

The artist that I would go to does not do in person consultations anymore. Everything is done via message which is why I need a fairly clear understanding of what seems like it could work because I likely won't actually see the design until day of and you have to book a couple months in advance and put down a deposit.
Most of my previous tattoos were more like I want THIS but maybe tweak it a bit where as this one is taking multiple elements and putting them together and its hard to picture what someone else's vision is compared to what I'm picturing in my head especially when right now I don't know what I'm picturing in my head lol.
I will send the artist the pics of course and try to explain what elements I want from what pics.

The_Jobu

The artist that I would go to does not do in person consultations anymore. Everything is done via message which is why I need a fairly clear understanding of what seems like it could work because I likely won't actually see the design until day of and you have to book a couple months in advance and put down a deposit.
Most of my previous tattoos were more like I want THIS but maybe tweak it a bit where as this one is taking multiple elements and putting them together and its hard to picture what someone else's vision is compared to what I'm picturing in my head especially when right now I don't know what I'm picturing in my head lol.
I will send the artist the pics of course and try to explain what elements I want from what pics.

Cool. I know nothing about tats but I hope it works out great.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
That a real blow. Explaining things in person is a big deal for me. You just can't communicate via pictures/ writing as good. I wouldn't use an artist who won't see clients ( especially returning ones )

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Update:
I finally made an appt and submitted my inspiration photos.
Deposit is paid and my appt is December 18th.
I'm not sure if I will get to see my artist's idea prior to the appt but I assume they book enough time to discuss changes etc and actually do the tattoo..
I'll be sure to post pics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom