Help Wedding Proposal

ike1314

Original Poster
can't decide

I can't decide doing it on one of the E-Nights after the park is closed right by the castle or taking her to a character dinner or doing it at the Grand Floridian and doing it at dinner overlooking MK..... thanks for help... open to any suggestions....

Upvote 0

JackSkellington

Re: can't decide

Originally posted by ike1314
I can't decide doing it on one of the E-Nights after the park is closed right by the castle or taking her to a character dinner or doing it at the Grand Floridian and doing it at dinner overlooking MK..... thanks for help... open to any suggestions....
Take her to see Wishes at a great seat. Then wait for the crowds to thin out, or do it during a E-night. Ask her near the entrance to the castle, or by the Cinderella statue in the back of the castle. And good luck.:)

Upvote 0

figmentmom

If you want to propose at night in the Magic Kingdom, I'd wait until after the park "officially" closes, and the park is emptying out. The castle will twinkle, the lights will be on in the trees, and the music will still be playing.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BrerPete

Reservations at the California Grill on top of the Contemporay Resort. You can walk outside on the top floor, overlooking the Seven Seas lagoon, with a direct view of the Castle and the fireworks. Ask for assistance from a cast member to take your picture as you ask or have them bring out some champagne or something like that.

Upvote 0

Frazier

There is no place like WDW at the end of the night with your girl (or wife). The lighting is low and if your Disney fans, it's very beatiful and romantic. I'd say near the castle (the rose garden is very quiet when the crowds are thin) and at the end of the night, e-ride night or not. Best of luck!

Upvote 0

WDWcouple

There is a little nitch with a fountain on the right hand side of the castle if your looking at it from main street on the little pathway that takes you into Tomorrowland. The book Disney without kids calls it the most romantic spot to propose marriage. I took their advice and I did mine there.. They couldnt have been more right.. What a view and location.... Here is a shot of the palace... the path is hard to see but its behind the main bridge that takes you between tomorrowland and fantasyland.. hope this helps a little

Roll03_012.jpg

Upvote 0

Dizzknee

I just got engaged in March at WDW and I proposed during wishes.

IMO I think any place is disney is a great place to do it but timing is everything. It just depends on what your going for. Me, I was looking to totally surprise her and taking her out for a romantic dinner might have give her some suspisions.

So, I made sure we had a GREAT day. I made her make a wish at the swiss family robinson tree house and gave her a quarter. I talked about how much I loved her all day long. Meanwhile I kept grabbing my pocket to make sure the ring was still there :hammer: So anyway, it was time for wishes. I found a semi quiet spot. Waited for the right moment and pulled out the ring and dropped to my knee. The look and reaction I got was the most priceless moment of my entire life.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I proposed at the entrance to Cinderella Castle, just before the Fantasy In The Sky fireworks (yes, it was that long ago already.... 1999 :) ). It was a total surprise, she was there with her family, who all knew what I was going to do. After proposing, we watched the fireworks, and then walked over to Peco Bill's and watched the MSEP. :sohappy:

You really can't go wrong with doing it at night, near Cinderella Castle, right before Wishes. It will be an unforgettable moment, regardless of where you do it. Good luck!

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

I agree with the others that suggested at the castle after the park officially closes, but not on an E-ride night because you could be waiting very late. If you wait around long enough, you may find yourselves alone. I was lucky enough to watch the Kiss Goodnight at the castle alone with my boyfriend at the end of Main Street and it felt like everything was there just for us. Even though there was no proposal, it was the most romantic moment of my life. Anyway, that's just my suggestion! Good luck! :wave:

Upvote 0

signerdreams

i have dreamed about how i would be proprosed to all of my life. My suggestion would be to make it special to the 2 of you. the more personal it is for the 2 of you the more she is going to love it

good luck

Upvote 0

scroogy

Dizzknee said:
I just got engaged in March at WDW and I proposed during wishes.

IMO I think any place is disney is a great place to do it but timing is everything. It just depends on what your going for. Me, I was looking to totally surprise her and taking her out for a romantic dinner might have give her some suspisions.

So, I made sure we had a GREAT day. I made her make a wish at the swiss family robinson tree house and gave her a quarter. I talked about how much I loved her all day long. Meanwhile I kept grabbing my pocket to make sure the ring was still there :hammer: So anyway, it was time for wishes. I found a semi quiet spot. Waited for the right moment and pulled out the ring and dropped to my knee. The look and reaction I got was the most priceless moment of my entire life.

that's so romantic !! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom