Help understanding fastpass

Fitmomma93

Original Poster
Hey guys,
Our family's first ever trip is in September for ten days, we are travelling with two grandparents as well. I understand about the magic bands. I would download the mde app on my mother in laws phone as well then connect us somehow?
So I can book fp 60 days out but do I only get to book fps for one day of our trip? Or do we get all of them?
And when were in the park and use our fast passes in the morning for example, and i go to the app and there's a fp for slinky dog dash for example, and click it, would that fast pass apply only to one person or to our whole group?

RememberWhen

So, I’m assuming you’re staying onsite at a Disney hotel. You will need to have accounts for each person set up in your app and have everyone connected. You will also need to have tickets linked for each person.
60 days from your first night you will be able to make FPs for your whole stay for all the linked people in your account. When you go to make FP you will need to choose who the FPs will be for as the first step. I would recommend knowing this date and checking first thing in the morning. I can’t remember what the time is, but you want to be ready when it comes up. I would also recommend trying for harder to get FP later in your trip, but first on your FP booking date.
At the parks, after you have scanned in for your third FP you can look for a fourth. Again, you’ll pick people before you see availability. Sometimes it’s worth splitting your group and looking for overlapping times if you can’t find times for your entire group. You are going at a relatively less crowded time, so hopefully you’re able to get all the FP you want without any trouble.
And if you’ve got small kids, don’t forget that you can rider swap if they can’t/don’t want to ride something.

nickys

Premium Member
Just to add, you can book FPs for the duration of your stay, for the number of days you have tickets for.

Every ticket has a start date and end date; typically you get a 1-3 days extra to use them.

If you have a 10 day ticket, you can book FPs for 10 days within that time frame.
If you have a 7 day ticket, you can only book FPs for 7 days. In that case, the days need not be consecutive, you could have rest days in the middle of your trip.

mousedroid

Hope you don't mind if I add my questions to your thread Fitmomma93 rather than starting another thread.

My fiancee and I are going in May and we're staying at a Disney Resort, so our FP booking window is approaching, and this is the first time I've booked fast passes in advance. We each have 3-day Park Hopper Plus tickets.

My FP+ questions are:
  1. You can only book fast passes for the number of days on your ticket, right? So we each have a 3-day ticket, so we can only book fast passes on 3 days even though we'll be there for six days (we're planning a few down days/water park days)? We already have a plan for which parks we're going to visit on which days, so this shouldn't be a problem.
  2. I read something about not being able to book new fast passes until you have used your first three. Is that your first three for the trip or your first three per day? i.e., can I book three at MK one day, three at AK another day and three at EPCOT the third day, or can we initially ONLY book three for the whole trip?
  3. If you CAN book three per day, do any parks limit you to fewer than three per day? I though I read somewhere that you could only book one in advance at Hollywood Studios.

Thanks for any answers and advice!

nickys

Premium Member
Hope you don't mind if I add my questions to your thread Fitmomma93 rather than starting another thread.

My fiancee and I are going in May and we're staying at a Disney Resort, so our FP booking window is approaching, and this is the first time I've booked fast passes in advance. We each have 3-day Park Hopper Plus tickets.

My FP+ questions are:
  1. You can only book fast passes for the number of days on your ticket, right? So we each have a 3-day ticket, so we can only book fast passes on 3 days even though we'll be there for six days (we're planning a few down days/water park days)? We already have a plan for which parks we're going to visit on which days, so this shouldn't be a problem.
  2. I read something about not being able to book new fast passes until you have used your first three. Is that your first three for the trip or your first three per day? i.e., can I book three at MK one day, three at AK another day and three at EPCOT the third day, or can we initially ONLY book three for the whole trip?
  3. If you CAN book three per day, do any parks limit you to fewer than three per day? I though I read somewhere that you could only book one in advance at Hollywood Studios.

Thanks for any answers and advice!

1. Correct. You will be able to book FPs for any 3 days of your trip.

2. You can book three FPs each day in advance. Once you have used those three, you can book more that day one at a time.

3. You may be getting confused with the tiers. All parks except MK have tiers of FPs. You can choose to book one tier1 and two tier2 FPs or three tier2 FPs.

The tier1 FPs are the most popular / newer ones:

Epcot: Test Track, Soarin’ and Frozen
DHS: Millenium Falcon, Slinky, Runaway Train (Rise of the Resistance is not yet using FPs)
AK: Flight of Passage, Navii River Journey (both in Pandora)

mousedroid

Thanks nickys. I was getting the FP tiers confused with the total number of FPs you could book.

I think I've got it all pretty straight now.

Another question if you don't mind...

We are staying two weeks in June. One week at POFQ and a second week in a villa off property. We have a 14 day ultimate ticket for the length of our stay.

My question is:

I can book 60 day out FP's for the first week. Can I book the second week FP's at the same time? If not, does it revert back to the 30 day window?

We're regulars at WDW but haven't come across this predicament before. Any help gratefully received :)

nickys

Premium Member
Another question if you don't mind...

We are staying two weeks in June. One week at POFQ and a second week in a villa off property. We have a 14 day ultimate ticket for the length of our stay.

My question is:

I can book 60 day out FP's for the first week. Can I book the second week FP's at the same time? If not, does it revert back to the 30 day window?

We're regulars at WDW but haven't come across this predicament before. Any help gratefully received :)

For the first week you can book from check-in to check-out day all at the 60 day window.

For the offsite days, you will only be able to book at 30 days out from each day. (That was changed this time last year).

When you’re booking, try and get those big rides for your 3rd-7th day onsite. Rides like FoP, Slinky, Smuggler’s Run, MMRR, Ratatouille (if it’s open), even 7dmt.

For the first week you can book from check-in to check-out day all at the 60 day window.

For the offsite days, you will only be able to book at 30 days out from each day. (That was changed this time last year).

When you’re booking, try and get those big rides for your 3rd-7th day onsite. Rides like FoP, Slinky, Smuggler’s Run, MMRR, Ratatouille (if it’s open), even 7dmt.
Thanks that is a great help

mousedroid

I've seen this kind of advice posted in a couple of threads. Is the idea of going for FPs for the more popular rides later in your stay simply that you'd be booking those further ahead, therefore you'd have a better chance to get them?

nickys

Premium Member
I've seen this kind of advice posted in a couple of threads. Is the idea of going for FPs for the more popular rides later in your stay simply that you'd be booking those further ahead, therefore you'd have a better chance to get them?

Yes. If you try looking for FoP or Smuggler’s Run on your second day (60+1), you’d have to be extremely lucky to find any. Try for 60+4 and you should be able to choose a time of day. At 60+6 you’ll be able to get your preferred time.

During the first few days, other people who arrive before you will have already snapped up most of the Fastpasses. The further out you go, the fewer people you’ll be competing against.

mousedroid

Yes. If you try looking for FoP or Smuggler’s Run on your second day (60+1), you’d have to be extremely lucky to find any. Try for 60+4 and you should be able to choose a time of day. At 60+6 you’ll be able to get your preferred time.

During the first few days, other people who arrive before you will have already snapped up most of the Fastpasses. The further out you go, the fewer people you’ll be competing against.
OK. Unfortunately we're planning to visit HS (and hoping to ride Smuggler's Run) on our second(?) day - the day after we check in. I wanted to go to that park on that day specifically because it's "Star Wars" day, which means I'm doubly screwed. lol

Oh well, we can always wait in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom