Help prioritizing FP bookings - 9/28 is FP day for me

mdcpr

Original Poster
Amazing group - Tomorrow is FP day for me! I have a list of the rides I want to go on!

I’ve been told that I should book FP starting with the last day of my trip (Nov. 30) and ending with the first day of my trip (Nov 27). I’ve also been told that I should the book the hardest ones to find first, so I’m a bit confused with all of this.

Could this amazing group review the rides I’m interested in getting FP and help me with prioritizing how to book them?

November 27 - Epcot on the day before Thanksgiving! Would like FP for:
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • Seas with Nemo

November 28 - Thanksgiving Day at Magic Kingdom. Would like FP for
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • It’s a Small World - I know, this is a 4th ride, but does it need a FP? This is a MUST, more important than Pirates of the Caribbean

November 29 - Black Friday–shopping and hotel day!!! No FP needed.

November 30 - Animal Kingdom
  • Killimanjaro Safari
  • Na’vi River Journey
  • Finding Nemo the Musical

If you could prioritize this for me, that would be AWESOME!!!

Thank you.

Weather_Lady

With those attractions, I'd just make them in chronological order (Day 1: TT, then SSE, then Nemo; Day 2: Peter Pan, HM, Pirates; Day 3: Na'vi, Safari, Nemo). It doesn't look like you're aiming for any of the hardest-to-get (e.g., 7DMT, Slinky Dog Dash, FoP), so you should have pretty good luck getting what you want, although it's likely that the earliest time slots might be "sold out" for some of them.

mdcpr

Original Poster
With those attractions, I'd just make them in chronological order (Day 1: TT, then SSE, then Nemo; Day 2: Peter Pan, HM, Pirates; Day 3: Na'vi, Safari, Nemo). It doesn't look like you're aiming for any of the hardest-to-get (e.g., 7DMT, Slinky Dog Dash, FoP), so you should have pretty good luck getting what you want, although it's likely that the earliest time slots might be "sold out" for some of them.
Thank you! We're not doing the major rollercoasters. My son can't handle them and my daughter found it 'scary'. Not going to HS (so no Slinky Dog) since the HS day became hotel day. We're staying at the WL and they want to stay in the are and enjoy the resort activities. As for FoP, hubby might wing it at EMH, no one else is interested.

mdcpr

Original Poster
Thank you! We're not doing the major rollercoasters. My son can't handle them and my daughter found it 'scary'. Not going to HS (so no Slinky Dog) since the HS day became hotel day. We're staying at the WL and they want to stay in the are and enjoy the resort activities. As for FoP, hubby might wing it at EMH, no one else is interested.
Also, I think the kids are more into Epcot and AK than MK! I'm the one pushing for a day at MK.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Nothing you have is particularly hard to get.
I'd just do day 1, day 2, day 3...
For day 1 I'd secure Test Track and then the other 2.
For day 2 I'd secure Peter Pan's Flight and then the other 2. (None of the attractions you mentioned NEED a FP especially if you arrive for rope drop and MK is very easy to grab FP after FP for later in the day when the lines do start getting long)
For day 3 I'd secure Navi then Kilimanjaro.

I am a little surprised though that if your family does not care for roller coaster type attractions why you've chosen to do Test Track. Its the fastest ride in WDW.
For Epcot tier 1 FP I'd probably recommend Frozen Ever After or Soain instead if you rather no do intense.

Last edited:

mdcpr

Original Poster
Nothing you have is particularly hard to get.
I'd just do day 1, day 2, day 3...
For day 1 I'd secure Test Track and then the other 2.
For day 2 I'd secure Peter Pan's Flight and then the other 2. (None of the attractions you mentioned NEED a FP especially if you arrive for rope drop and MK is very easy to grab FP after FP for later in the day when the lines do start getting long)
For day 3 I'd secure Navi then Kilimanjaro.

I am a little surprised though that if your family does not care for roller coaster type attractions why you've chosen to do Test Track. Its the fastest ride in WDW.
For Epcot tier 1 FP I'd probably recommend Frozen Ever After or Soain instead if you rather no do intense.
Test Track is 65 miles an hour, and the track is not as a bad as roller coaster.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Test Track is 65 miles an hour, and the track is not as a bad as roller coaster.

65mph is the fastest attraction in WDW.
True it does not jerk you around like some coasters but its still pretty thrilling and that's coming from someone that has been on rides like Top Thrill Dragster etc.
7DMT is tame in comparison in terms of thrill and jerkiness.
I'm not saying don't go on but just that it surprised me a bit. If you feel your family will enjoy it then definitely go for it. You know your team.

mdcpr

Original Poster
65mph is the fastest attraction in WDW.
True it does not jerk you around like some coasters but its still pretty thrilling and that's coming from someone that has been on rides like Top Thrill Dragster etc.
7DMT is tame in comparison in terms of thrill and jerkiness.
I'm not saying don't go on but just that it surprised me a bit. If you feel your family will enjoy it then definitely go for it. You know your team.
Good advice. I'm basing it on my family used to crazy driving--in the US and other countries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom