help planning

alliemom

Hi Everyone,I am planning on taking my 5yr dd to Disney Aug 17-24. (just the 2 of us) This will be our first time staying on-site (all star movies). This will be her 3rd time there but every other time we only did 1 day at MK and spent the rest of the time at the water parks and/or the pool. (My ex never wanted to do much on vacation except rest) I would really like to maximize this trip and have her experience much more without getting her exhausted. Here are the dinner reservations that I have booked. Would anyone help me plan around these reservations so that my daughter can enjoy the most out of this trip. My plane arrives Orlando at 11:30 a.m. Thursday and we leave at 6:10 p.m. on the following Thursday Thursday 6:00 p.m. dinner at Liberty tree tavern Friday breakfast 9:30 a.m. Ohana Best Friends at Polynesian Saturday 06:10 Princess Storybook at Epcot Sunday 6:00 p.m Chef Mickey's Monday 8:10 Breakfast Crystal Palace Magic kingdom Tuesday 5:10 Dinner- Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package Wednesday 4:50 Dinner Cinderella's Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian Resort Thursday nothing planned Any suggestions on what to do differently? Or what parks to do in order. I have the park hopper option and the Water park option.Thank you for all of you suggestions. I really appreciate it. I am very overwhelmed at this point

kachow

alliemom said:
Hi Everyone,I am planning on taking my 5yr dd to Disney Aug 17-24. (just the 2 of us) This will be our first time staying on-site (all star movies). This will be her 3rd time there but every other time we only did 1 day at MK and spent the rest of the time at the water parks and/or the pool. (My ex never wanted to do much on vacation except rest) I would really like to maximize this trip and have her experience much more without getting her exhausted. Here are the dinner reservations that I have booked. Would anyone help me plan around these reservations so that my daughter can enjoy the most out of this trip. My plane arrives Orlando at 11:30 a.m. Thursday and we leave at 6:10 p.m. on the following Thursday Thursday 6:00 p.m. dinner at Liberty tree tavern Friday breakfast 9:30 a.m. Ohana Best Friends at Polynesian Saturday 06:10 Princess Storybook at Epcot Sunday 6:00 p.m Chef Mickey's Monday 8:10 Breakfast Crystal Palace Magic kingdom Tuesday 5:10 Dinner- Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package Wednesday 4:50 Dinner Cinderella's Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian Resort Thursday nothing planned Any suggestions on what to do differently? Or what parks to do in order. I have the park hopper option and the Water park option.Thank you for all of you suggestions. I really appreciate it. I am very overwhelmed at this point

My wife and I don't have kids yet, but we usually have a general plan of hitting a park in the morning until around 2pm or so, head back to the hotel for pool and relaxation for a couple hours, and then head back out to another park for the evening. That usually works better for us than staying in the parks all day. Plus, with that, you really have total flexibility.

You can pick your morning park based on feel, and then your evening one based on dinner and/or which fireworks/nighttime show you want to see. It looks like you have at least one dinner planned in MK, Epcot, and MGM, so you could plan that those evenings you'll stay at the park you ate at and watch the nightime show (obviously, you're already doing that with the Fantasmic package, which was a good choice).

Overall, we usually go for 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 day at MGM, 1 day (or less) at AK, and 1 day at a waterpark. That's total time, since as I said, we usually break up our days. Children sometimes aren't as excited about Epcot as adults, so you may end up redistributing that day. You'll know once you've been to each park, which ones you need more time at, and which ones you're done with.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Personally, with just the 2 of you, just take it easy and enjoy yourselves. You'll be in the best vacation spot in the country, you've got your dining plans, now just take it as it comes - take your cue from what she wants to do. You'll know when she's tired or had enough - don't try to plan too much!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom