Help needed to move to Orlando/Disney

Richie Rich

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me? I'm a British citizen living in Brighton, England. Ever since doing the International Program thing around 11 years ago I've wanted to relocate permanently to Orlando and work for Disney. I've been told I can't do the International Program again but last year was also told at the Casting Center (on one of my many vacations) that Disney would almost certainly be able to find something for me but I'd have to sort my own visa out and then come back to them. This is where the problem comes in - I just don't seem to qualify for any of the visa categories - i.e I am not able to invest large sums in a business, do not have an American wife and do not have a company (i.e. Disney) to sponsor me. I have a Batchelors degree but that doesn't seem to be enough. I can't begin to describe how frustrating this is - I know exactly what my career and life goals are (and have done for ages)but I feel powerless to do anything about it. I know that working for Disney in Florida is what I'm born to do - if anyone can help with any tips/advice etc I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks,

Richie

barnum42

I wish I could help you with advice, but all I can say is what you alreadyknow - you will have an uphill struggle.

The laws will have changed since I last looked at it many years ago, but unless you can bring a unique skill to America that can not be provided from within then you do not want to know you through legal channels.

My sister now has legal alien status in America - she married a chap from Boston, but it must have taken at least six or seven years for her to get legal status.

The ironic thing is that she never had any desire to visit, let alone live in America. She just fell in love with an American and in order to be with him she had to move there.

You may have already done this, but try scouring the net, I remember seeing a site years ago written by someone who got a visa - but he had married an American.

Good luck with your endevour.

nickcarraway

I'm not definitely sure of this, but from what I understand from my international friend, if you can get a company or organization to sponsor you and your salary is over $35,000 a year, then you can have limited citizenship. I believe the only visa you can get from Disney is the international college program visa a.k.a. the Disney visa not to be confused with the new Disney Visa credit card.

Richie Rich

Original Poster
Hello everyone. Sorry to bounce my own thread but I'm still desperate to move to Florida and have had no success with the channels I've tried - I even got a nice note from the Vice President of Disneyworld saying he couldn't help me but good luck. Can anyone help?

barnum42

You have to prove that you are bringing a skill to America that can not be filled from within America.

Or you fly into Canada then sneak across the border, but that is not really advisable.

se8472

darn, I didn't know it was so hard to move to this country. With so many people coming here to work from Canada and Mexico.

I am sorry I have no skill in this area

AliciaLuvzDizne

can you come here as a student? i know that going back to school isnt really on your list of things to do from the first post, but isnt there a student visa? things might be easier to work once your on this side of the puddle?
just a side note
i dont know anything about this sort of thing, ive never been out of the country myself, i dont even have a passport. this is just a suggestion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom