Help me Decide...!!!

crazygirley

Do the discount codes really work? I have never used one, but I really want to upgrade my reservations from the All-Star Resort to Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge using the new codes. Has anyone done this? To use them, do you have to book through Walt Disney Travel Company, I would imagine not, since when I origianally booked, the person told me I could call in with codes, can you upgrade with codes, though? Please say yes...Help!!!

lilone

Yes, you should be able to upgrade with the discount codes, as long as you made a room only reservation. We upgraded from Port Orleans to the AKL using the discount codes. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

lilone

If you didn't buy a package (room & tickets) then you probably have a room-only reservation. If you call 1-407-w-disney they should be able to tell you.

This is what I would do....first make sure you are within the cancellation period (so you can get a full refund) If it is a room only reservation, you should have had to pay only a night's room and tax to hold your reservation and you can cancel up until one week prior to going for a full refund. So with that said...call and make a new reservation using the discount code and then after you confirm your new reservation, cancel your old reservation. That's what we did. If you bought a package you might have a harder time upgrading. Good luck! If you have any other questions, just holler!:wave:

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

Originally posted by crazygirley
Do the discount codes really work? I have never used one, but I really want to upgrade my reservations from the All-Star Resort to Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge using the new codes. Has anyone done this? To use them, do you have to book through Walt Disney Travel Company, I would imagine not, since when I origianally booked, the person told me I could call in with codes, can you upgrade with codes, though? Please say yes...Help!!!

Listen...
Just call 407-wdisney and give them the code. Tell them you want the discount with the code and it's yours.. Im staying at the wilderness Lodge in May for $139 a night, while the regular "rack rates" for that time is over $200 a night. Codes DEFINATELY work.. Ive used them 4 times already...

Upvote 0

Mitzer

crazygirlie:

I got a great discount on my room for May also using the new codes (well through Pam)...but make sure you know that the code you use is one that anyone can use. Pam found that some are for Disney Visa holders only, this could cause problems later on for someone if they don't have the card. Some codes include passes or packages and some don't. So have all your codes available before you call and make sure you are using the correct one. If in doubt, ask the CRO person for specifics. I usually give them every code I know and tell them to find me the best rate using those for ROOM ONLY. Usually it works fine, and saves a ton of money. Good luck on making your reservations and I hope you get a great rate on an upgrade. AKL and WL are both great resorts!

Upvote 0
Yes, they work! I made ressies through 407-wdisney for my family and my parents~ all I did was told them the code... now only so many rooms are put aside for the code, so I would call and check on it asap!
It's easy as 1, 2, 3...

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Mitzer
crazygirlie:

I got a great discount on my room for May also using the new codes (well through Pam)...but make sure you know that the code you use is one that anyone can use. Pam found that some are for Disney Visa holders only, this could cause problems later on for someone if they don't have the card. Some codes include passes or packages and some don't. So have all your codes available before you call and make sure you are using the correct one. If in doubt, ask the CRO person for specifics. I usually give them every code I know and tell them to find me the best rate using those for ROOM ONLY. Usually it works fine, and saves a ton of money. Good luck on making your reservations and I hope you get a great rate on an upgrade. AKL and WL are both great resorts!

I took care of her already.:animwink: I made sure she got a really good rate for the AKL for her special trip! Crazygirlie you will love it there!

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom