Help getting into Club 33 for our 10th anniversary

ejkanter

Original Poster
Although it's another year away I figured I'd ask to see if there was anyone who would be willing to help me out with my 10th anniversary plans.
I proposed to my wife 9 years ago in Disney World and now have 3 great kids who are also Disney fanatics.
We've been to Disney World more times than I can count but neither of us have ever been to Disneyland where it all started.
I have made plans to suprise her with a trip for the two of us out there for our 10th next October 4th 2008.
If possible I would appreciate it if there as someone with membership to Clubb 33 to allow us to dine there so I can propose to her all over again that night.
So that's my plan and plea to anyone that can help out. If you can you can either PM me here or send me an email at retrolaneautoworks@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Erick

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Before people say my name, I can't get anyone in at the moment, as I'm not too keen of losing my way in :)

Tim G

Although it's another year away I figured I'd ask to see if there was anyone who would be willing to help me out with my 10th anniversary plans.
I proposed to my wife 9 years ago in Disney World and now have 3 great kids who are also Disney fanatics.
We've been to Disney World more times than I can count but neither of us have ever been to Disneyland where it all started.
I have made plans to suprise her with a trip for the two of us out there for our 10th next October 4th 2008.
If possible I would appreciate it if there as someone with membership to Clubb 33 to allow us to dine there so I can propose to her all over again that night.
So that's my plan and plea to anyone that can help out. If you can you can either PM me here or send me an email at retrolaneautoworks@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Erick
Not a chance...you may get in...

TP2000

I do know that some Club 33 members have been formally admonished and/or had their membership revoked for trying to sell reservations on Ebay and such.

Club 33 is a private membership club. It has some rather nice perks that come with every reservation, like complimentary admission to Disneyland for everyone in the party. Just like any private country club, yacht club, or other membership club, members who are selling their priveleges to strangers would be punished and or asked to leave the club permanently.

A member at a country club with a famous course can not openly solicit money from strangers for a tee time. If they are caught, they face eviction from the club. Similarly, a member of Club 33 who is going around offering dinner reservations to strangers for a fee or in exchange for goods and services would face the same situation.

Disney would have every right to take that course of action, and it's been reported that has happened to some Club 33 members a few times in recent years.

Personally, I'm not real sure what the big deal about Club 33 is. I have dined there twice, as a guest of Standard Oil of California (Chevron). It was okay, but certainly not as good as some make it out to be. The food and service on both occasions were noticeably inferior to Napa Rose. And when compared to some other local Orange County restaurants that the general public can dine at, like Studio at Hotel Montage, the White House, or several other Orange County places, Club 33 pales. There is something to be said about the sheer thrill of having a decently prepared martini inside Disneyland, but once you get over that small element of drama, it's pretty much downhill for Club 33.

At the very least, I think they should do a much better job of enforcing some sort of dress code. Many of the "members" dining near me looked like they just stopped in on the way home from Wal-Mart. Not elegant, and not special.

Good luck with getting a member to break the rules of their membership contract however. That's a risky road you are traveling down. :eek:

I love your idea of a surprise trip to DL. I would highly recommend the Blue Bayou for a romantic dinner on your anniversary. I have heard great things about napa rose as well, but I personally have never eaten there. I would certainly suggest a back-up plan, in case you are unable to get into Clubb 33.

Have a wonderful trip no matter what happens!

:sohappy:

mermaid1

I wholeheartedly agree with the dress code remark. They need to change it back to slacks and collared shirt for men. For women, either a nice dress or skirt and blouse or nice slacks and blouse. NO more tank tops, tee shirts and absolutely NO shorts and flip flops! That is just wrong at the place Walt wanted to be an island of class. I would love to see return to a little class for Club 33. We are going at Christmas and you can bet we will be dressed up. I can always take a change of clothes and put it in a locker for travelling the park after our lunch! I am looking forward to dressing up a bit and going to DL. It reminds me of the old pictures you see of all the women in dresses and men in slacks and collared shirts.:)
Mermaid1
And sorry, I cannot get you a ressie there. I am going as a guest with someone who is a member. I agree with Blue Bayou, it is a romantic place and we love it when we go there for a meal. Napa Rose as well is a very nice place. I also agree that not many members will risk giving a res to a stranger. It is a priviledge to be a member and while a member may take guests or even make resses for friends who may be going, most will not simply give a res to someone they do not know.

mkt

Premium Member
Why would you lose your way in just for getting someone in? :veryconfu
Because the last person I got in dressed so poorly and behaved like such an obsessed fanboy, that it got back to the member and ultimately back to me. That person may have spent $1200 on souvenirs on the walk out, but it didn't matter. Their behavior and appearance wasn't appropriate for the establishment they were at- even after I had given them a briefing. Now the member looks bad to Club 33, and I look worse to the member. In these threads, someone usually contacts me and I try to help out (PM has been received, and here's the public answer), but unless I personally know the person, I will not make an attempt to help them out, since I have now been burned.

Figment82

I would love to go inside simply to see the phone booth from The Happiest Millionaire, as it is my absolute favorite movie. I almost got the chance to visit last weekend, but there was a special event that prevented it from happening. Ah well... c'est la vie...

ejkanter

Original Poster
I figured it was worth a shot to try and do something different that you are not normally able to do for this special occasion.
I understand that most members don't want to let others use their membership because of something like what happened to MKT and I totally understand that.
i would have thought that would be a dress code in place at such a place. Although sadly it seems most resturaunts today don't want to enforce a dress code for fear of driving away business.
It's one of my pet peeves at some of the more upscale places we dine that only have a suggested dress code. I usually leave a comment about enforcing a dress code but maybe I'm just old fashioned.
Thank you also for the other dining options as we will most likely have to dine at one of those restaurants.

Erick

tigfan

Because the last person I got in dressed so poorly and behaved like such an obsessed fanboy, that it got back to the member and ultimately back to me. That person may have spent $1200 on souvenirs on the walk out, but it didn't matter. Their behavior and appearance wasn't appropriate for the establishment they were at- even after I had given them a briefing. Now the member looks bad to Club 33, and I look worse to the member. In these threads, someone usually contacts me and I try to help out (PM has been received, and here's the public answer), but unless I personally know the person, I will not make an attempt to help them out, since I have now been burned.

Wow! Talk about abusing someone's generosity!! I don't blame you a bit for being reluctant to make that offer again.

I've actually been to Club 33 twice, and on both occasions I was gotten in by a member. The most recent time was about two years ago. I hit traffic and was about 15 minutes late. My friend was kind of freaking out because evidentally it looks REALLY bad to arrive late to your dining reservation there, and she was concerned about her reputation at the Club. I didn't blame her a bit and I felt horrible about it, even though it was a situation that couldn't really be helped. Luckily, it didn't seem to cause any problems, and the staff at Club 33 was great about it. Still, I was extremely concientious about the effect MY behavior might have on my friend's reputation there. It is amazing that some people don't show that same level of consideration, especially when you were doing them a favor.

tigfan

If it's any consolation, I prefer the food at Blue Bayou :)

I was actually pretty impressed with the food at Club 33 the two times I ate there. What really blew me away, though, was the service. It reminded me of the level of service you get on a cruise ship.

mkt

Premium Member
I was actually pretty impressed with the food at Club 33 the two times I ate there. What really blew me away, though, was the service. It reminded me of the level of service you get on a cruise ship.
Oh, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the food at 33. I love it. It's easier to get into Bayou.. and frankly, my inner stingy b!!tard prefers it ;) My inner alcoholic prefers 33 :lol: followed by my inner showman walking out to the balcony with a drink in my hand :lookaroun

mkt

Premium Member
Wow! Talk about abusing someone's generosity!! I don't blame you a bit for being reluctant to make that offer again.

Seriously... the person knows who they are and how deep on my s!!t list they are. :fork:

Jimmy Thick

I just recently received an offer for membership to Club 33. Let's not mention I've been waiting for almost 10 years, but I would NOT let anyone use such prized access out of the blue. The fact I don't even know this person asking is rather asinine.

Sorry, but once I fill out the papers and write the check, I will become even more snobbish.

ejkanter

Original Poster
Thanks for you insightful reply there Jimmy.
As I stated I wasn't expecting anyone to just say sure here you go, you can get in on my membership. But it never hurts to ask, unless anyone asks you I guess.
I would expect if anyone would even consider letting me use their membership to get in that they would expect to talk and if possible even meet in person before agreeing to anything and not just say yes from a post on a message baord.
I figured I would also get some other advice on where to dine which I did and I appreciate that from the other members here that posted suggestions.
Would I let someone use my membership if I had access. Maybe not, it would depend. I certainly would not just be handing out invites to anyone who asked but I'm pretty upfront and honest person and think or would like to believe most people are as well. This has gotten me in trouble in the past in dealings with people who aren't but I still give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I'm kind of person that stop to help someone in trouble and not just drive by but I digress.

So thank you all for your help and suggestions and I'm sure it will turn out to be a great trip and a wonderful anniversary for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom