Help finding a superzoom

Loehnwulf

Original Poster
I hope this hasnt been asked before but, me and the Mrs are going to WDW in September and don't want to lug around her Canon DSLR and the camera bag that goes with it..We'd like to get a decent lightweight superzoom that we can carry in a smaller pouch..Right now the choices are the Nikon L110, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35, or the Canon SX20..We are leaning towards the Panasonic but are still up in the air..any one have any other suggestions or recommendations??

lilclerk

I've got that exact Panasonic and I LOVE it. I haven't played with at night yet, but it gets very sharp, clear shots during the day and the colors are great. It's also got HD video and stereo sound, which is very nice to have.

Here's my Flickr, most of the first 8 pages or so were taken with this camera.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/siriusthinking/
Here's some video I recently shot with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMwr6XHIXUY
Keep in mind, I'm not used to video recording and it was VERY windy out so I was moving around pretty fast :eek:

This camera isn't exactly tiny, though. It does need a dedicated bag, however it is nice and light compared to a DSLR and all the equipment that comes with it. My sister has the Canon SX20 and I wasn't impressed. She has an older model Canon as well (not sure which one) that takes much better photos.

Loehnwulf

Original Poster
Thanks!!! There are some really great pictures, very crisp and vibrant!! Very cute kitty as well!! This definitely reaffirms our choice so far..we did a search at flickr for the Panasonic and have to say the majority of the pictures were incredibly vivid and vibrant..

lilclerk

It really is a great value. The only downside to it in your case would be the size, but I found a small square video camera bag that fits it and the small lens hood it comes with perfectly, so it's no worse than carrying a purse around. I can't wait to get this camera to WDW soon!

And thanks ;) He's a cutie, but just a little dumb when he gets outside.

Loehnwulf

Original Poster
Well compared to the Rebel and the 20D we have now this camera is much smaller, so even though its bigger than one of those slimline models the great thing is its got much better quality better zoom than a pocket camera, but still much easier and more convenient than lugging around the "good" camera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom