HELP, Disney using my Tickets for admission instead of my Annual Pass

Beth B

Original Poster
I'm sorry for this long post, but wanted to give the history and see if anyone has had similar experience or can offer some advice. Long story short, we have annual passes and some unexpiring park hoppers in our account. They will randomly use our tickets instead or our APs for admission and now are refusing to reissue one of the days because it has been reissued twice. I have requested multiple times to have the tickets removed from my account and reissued and hard tickets. They won't do it.

This began back in 2013 when Magic Bands first came out. We had several days of unexpiring park hopper tickets and when we went to the ticket window to get one added to our bands they suggested consolidating them all so we would have to worry about losing them. Sounded like a great idea at the time.

In 2016 we purchased Annual Passes. They were added to our accounts and we had no problems for our 1st few visits. On a subsequent visit we noticed one of our ticket days was missing. We called in and sure enough they used our AP for admission 2 days, a ticket for a day and then our AP for the 4th day. They were super nice and immediately reissued it to our account. They said at the time it was due to the order the tickets were listed in our accounts. This was with the old APP. We weren't sure how that would have happened mid trip and them magically switched back, but were just happy to have our day back.

Things were great until 2018 when it happened again. This time they used several of our days and wouldn't resolve over the phone. We had to go to guest relations. After several hours at guest relations, they finally fixed it. At this point I requested they reissue my old tickets to hard tickets so we wouldn't have these problems again. They said they couldn't do that and it was just a system glitch and wouldn't happen again.

Guess what, it just happened again!! The only advantage to having those tickets in our account was if we were ever making a fast pass reservation (in the past) or now park reservations and it was beyond the expiration date of our annual pass, the tickets in the account would allow us to make reservations. Went to make park reservations last night for March and couldn't do it because our APs expire on our date of arrival and there are NO tickets in my account. No biggie on the reservation as we are renewing the APs, but they are now refusing to reissue one of our 5 days. Apparently the guest relations agent put a note on our account that it couldn't be reissued again because that one particular day has been reissued twice. I'm at a loss. This was 100% not our fault and they are basically penalizing us $300. The cost of a 1 day unexpiring hopper for my husband and myself.

nickys

Premium Member
I’m not entirely clear when this day they won’t reinstate was used, since you said it was sorted out the last time in 2018.

However you’ll need to escalate this as high as you can. Try an email to Jeff Vahle, head of WDW. Keep the email as brief as possible, using bullet points can help. State what you want to happen at the end. Be polite, don’t rant about customer service etc. Usual stuff.

As for how the system uses various ticket media, it depends how they are prioritised not just listed. guest Services can do this but the time to do it is before you enter the park at Guest Services.

For that reason, the safest way is to create a profile in MDE, using say a middle name , so that you have a “dummy” profile for each person and assign the non-expiring tickets to them. A bit like if you have a child you would add them in MDE via friends and family and have their profile managed by you. Then you can reassign a ticket to the real you when you actually do want to use them.

Beth B

Original Poster
I’m not entirely clear when this day they won’t reinstate was used, since you said it was sorted out the last time in 2018.

However you’ll need to escalate this as high as you can. Try an email to Jeff Vahle, head of WDW. Keep the email as brief as possible, using bullet points can help. State what you want to happen at the end. Be polite, don’t rant about customer service etc. Usual stuff.

As for how the system uses various ticket media, it depends how they are prioritised not just listed. guest Services can do this but the time to do it is before you enter the park at Guest Services.

For that reason, the safest way is to create a profile in MDE, using say a middle name , so that you have a “dummy” profile for each person and assign the non-expiring tickets to them. A bit like if you have a child you would add them in MDE via friends and family and have their profile managed by you. Then you can reassign a ticket to the real you when you actually do want to use them.
Thanks for the name, do you by chance have an email? They said it was all fixed in 2018, but in September and December of 2020 they managed to use all of our unexpiring tickets. They said something about prioritizing the 1st times his happened, but made us feel like we had done something wrong to reprioritize the tickets. The 1st time this happened they somehow used 2 days pass, 1 day ticket and then the 4the day as our pass.

I finally talked to someone tonight who made me feel like it was all my fault. He said we needed to prioritize our annual pass every year at renewal. I was like no one ever told us that or we would have done that. He also said the 1st time it happened we were probably on a blackout day. I politely told him there are no 1 day blackouts for silver pass holders, it is all weeks and months. Plus, we verified it wasn't a blackout date. If it was my fault, I wouldn't have fought so hard. He ended the call with giving my day back but very sternly telling me they will never do this again. Seriously? This wasn't my fault. How can a company as large as Disney not have IT capabilities that would default prioritization to an AP?

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks for the name, do you by chance have an email? They said it was all fixed in 2018, but in September and December of 2020 they managed to use all of our unexpiring tickets. They said something about prioritizing the 1st times his happened, but made us feel like we had done something wrong to reprioritize the tickets. The 1st time this happened they somehow used 2 days pass, 1 day ticket and then the 4the day as our pass.

I finally talked to someone tonight who made me feel like it was all my fault. He said we needed to prioritize our annual pass every year at renewal. I was like no one ever told us that or we would have done that. He also said the 1st time it happened we were probably on a blackout day. I politely told him there are no 1 day blackouts for silver pass holders, it is all weeks and months. Plus, we verified it wasn't a blackout date. If it was my fault, I wouldn't have fought so hard. He ended the call with giving my day back but very sternly telling me they will never do this again. Seriously? This wasn't my fault. How can a company as large as Disney not have IT capabilities that would default prioritization to an AP?
I would try Jeff . Vahle @ Disney . Com. - without the spaces obviously! But first name.last name is usually the format.

Or see if there’s email addresses on the Disney management site.

MickeyLuv'r

We make certain the correct ticket is prioritized every visit. The resort staff are able to do this if you stop by the resort.

Is there was a limit on how many times a ticket can be reassigned?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom