Help choose please..

mrs moon

Original Poster
I have a water view room booked at AKL (have stayed previously in Savannah) but am considering changing to Boardwalk Inn?
It would be a resort view..We are 3 ladies..Any help in decision greatly appreciated

Weather_Lady

It would help to know, what are your reasons for choosing AKL? What do you find attractive about Boardwalk that has you considering a switch?

AKL (as you know) is gorgeous, with some of the best on-site dining of any WDW resort, and many beautiful areas (in the lobby, but also throughout the corridors and common areas) to relax and watch the animals. My family spent a week there, and although AKL is sometimes criticized for being far-flung, we did not find that it was any more or less convenient than other Disney hotels, even though we relied exclusively on WDW transportation to get around and went to-and-from the parks twice daily.

Boardwalk, on the other hand, is a comfortable walking distance to EPCOT and HS (and thus, the Skyliner stations at each), and is bustling with energy and action, with several onsite options for "nightlife." Its rooms are also recently charmingly refurbished (I believe that work is still getting finished, so if your visit is between now and spring 2024, you should take into consideration any lingering projects that are going on at Boardwalk). Where AKL embraces comforting dark hues, a celebration of nature, and African art and cuisine, Boardwalk exudes gilted brightness, with a turn-of-the-century American carnival atmosphere, and classic American food.

I'd say you can't go wrong either way: they're both gorgeous deluxe resorts with much to offer. It all comes down to what theme you prefer, what kind of access you want to which parks, what your activity level is, and how each fits into your budget.

Last edited:

Eric Graham

I have a water view room booked at AKL (have stayed previously in Savannah) but am considering changing to Boardwalk Inn?
It would be a resort view..We are 3 ladies..Any help in decision greatly appreciated
A lot of parks, besides Animal Kingdom, can be a far trek to the park. But, Animal Kingdom is very wonderful and friendly. We've stayed at the Beach Club, but not the Boardwalk Inn. If you like steak, Shula's Steakhouse is pretty good at a neighboring hotel The Dolphin.

JIMINYCR

Dont know why you are contemplating another resort but many guests simply want to try out a different resort because they each have their own feel and particular qualities to them. If you are adventurous and want to try the Boardwalk area then go for it. Looking at the sites that give you views of the rooms, they are spacious and comfortable. Easy access to EP and DHS, mini golf nearby, and an evening walk around the Boardwalk is pleasurable.

ToInfinity

We’ve never stayed at AKL, but LOVED the Boardwalk on our most recent trip this summer. The renovated rooms are beautiful, and the convenience to Epcot and HS was SO nice. We also enjoyed walking through Epcot and taking the monorail to MK to avoid the bus! We’ve never stayed at AKL because while the theming is great, it seems SO far from the parks (besides AK) and to us a big perk of paying more for deluxe is the park proximity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom